The Official 'Who's Going Down' Thread

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In what way are we in all sorts of bother?

We've got a poor back line, but within our team we have a solid goalkeeper, one of the most creative players in the league and a strike force that is better than most. Griffiths and Cummings up front pretty much guarantees goals. Just based on their goalscoring records alone, not sure which teams strike forces I'd swap them for bar the OF.

We've also made a decent start to the season with last Saturday being the only truly disappointing result and it was against a team that aren't really being spoken about as being in a relegation battle (although the way they've been playing, they maybe should be.)

Unless something goes disastrously wrong, such as Charlie Adam being out for longer than the 6 week period he is out for (which is an absolutely massive blow in itself, admittedly) then I'm expecting us to be around 8th come season end! But, think we, along with 6 other teams can easily go down.

Least we don't have the pathetic Ross Laidlaw in goal tbf.

To be fair, we're in a similar boat. Great goalkeeper, very creative midfield with Sibbald, Omeonga, Holt and a few others. Anderson and Hamilton up front are decently reliable but it's just at CB where we have big issues, LB and RB are solid strengths with Longridge and Devlin. 

Our start to the season isn't as bad as it seems given we've played 3 of last season's top 4 in our first 4 games. Our game against Dundee is probably the first chance to get out and get a win if we forget that we even played Motherwell (despite 11 players being out). 

The CB issue is huge though as Obileye is fine, it's whatever donkey we play next to him. Fitzwater is okay but absent minded sometime, Parkes is MIA constantly and Sean Kelly is horrific, utterly stinking. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

My big balls out prediction is Griffiths and Cummings won't score 20 between them, will probably struggle for 15, all season 

They'll have that between themselves by the end of November. 

17 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

My big balls out prediction is Griffiths and Cummings won't score 20 between them, will probably struggle for 15, all season 

That is quite the prediction considering Cummings is on 5 for the season as is with 2 in the league in 4 games.

23 hours ago, Dee Man said:

They'll have that between themselves by the end of November. 

I think there’s a chance Griffith fails to live up to expectations. He comes with a LOT of baggage and clearly has issues with his attitude. Could very much go either way for me, he scores a hatful or struggles playing alongside players with less ability, has a strop and loses interest.

13 hours ago, Yorky said:

I think there’s a chance Griffith fails to live up to expectations. He comes with a LOT of baggage and clearly has issues with his attitude. Could very much go either way for me, he scores a hatful or struggles playing alongside players with less ability, has a strop and loses interest.

Griffiths to Dundee kind of echoes McCormack pitching up at Fir Park. A guy who's so toxic his club are happy to pay him a fortune not to be there. Out of sight out of mind and all that.

When it comes down to it I reckon he'll be fine at Dens, unlike Robinson when McCormack was with us I don't see McPake choosing not to play Griffiths regardless of what he gets up to or what sort of nick he's in and I'd imagine that'll suit Griffiths down to the ground.

All he needs to bother about is playing on a Saturday rather than meet the standards in training through the week as he'd be asked to do at Celtic.

Edited by capt_oats

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

So no real incentive for him to keep up a guise of being a professional then. 

I don’t think he’s even pretended he’s a professional 

Its the one thing all Celtic managers have in common since he joined us, they’ve criticised his fitness.

17 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So no real incentive for him to keep up a guise of being a professional then. 

He seems to be under the impression that if he does well with us, Ange will give him an extension and bring him back into the fold. That's what he's going public with anyways.

Griffiths probably fully believes he's just been hard done by over the past few years, and he's still capable of getting into the Scotland squad and getting his big move to the EPL.

Same path Riordan/O'Connor went on.

Go off the rails, stop training, lose all fitness, start dropping down the ladder but blame it on everyone else. Every season until they reach rock bottom.

He'll probably enjoy his time under McPake, but I don't think it'll change his path now.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Griffiths probably fully believes he's just been hard done by over the past few years, and he's still capable of getting into the Scotland squad and getting his big move to the EPL.

Go off the rails, stop training, lose all fitness, start dropping down the ladder but blame it on everyone else. Every season until they reach rock bottom.

He'll probably enjoy his time under McPake, but I don't think it'll change his path now.

He doesn't believe he's been hard done by. He's said most of it he's brought onto himself.

The rest is just a lot of nonsense since the first point doesn't hold up.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Signing for Falkirk next should do it then.