The Official 'Who's Going Down' Thread

Surprise, it's us.

If we don't sign a defender I can see us struggling every week, despite going ahead in a few recent games we let it slip. 1 win in 15 league games for Martindale isn't encouraging either. 

A few of the teams who have had shaky starts are starting to stabilise and it's 0 out of a possible 9 points for us as it stands.

I think absolutely any of Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, Dundee, Dundee United and Ross County can go down this season. We've got a tough wee spell with Celtic and now Hibs, but got a wee confidence boost by beating an absolutely shambolic Motherwell side in the cup so the heads won't go if we get pumped tomorrow.

Livi have got a real tough run. Hibs, Dundee, Celtic & Rangers are their next 4 games. Their game at Dens could be absolutely massive to getting something on the board early doors.

I think this season is all about momentum and how well can teams take advantage of it and not let the heads go too much. I think that'll be bigger than any real quality difference makers that are present within each team. I think  the likes of Charlie Adam & Paul McMullan will be nullified by mistakes the likes of shite like Christie Elliott or our other defenders make and I think that's the same for most clubs.

All about the initial momentum that teams can gather.

I can’t see past either County or Livi for straight down.

Martindales bubble has burst but he won’t resign, his pal in the boardroom will conveniently find a promotion for him when it’s evident they’re fucked.

County’s manager seems out of depth in this league already and is still talking about transfers.

St Mirren, Dundee & Maybe United will be around about there. Dundee will probably click when needed to and stay up by the scruff of their neck.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Last season I had an enjoyable break away from my default position of basically praying at least one team would be shitter than us. 

Can't say it's good to be back.

I mean you really should have known when you struggled to beat a 10 man Dundee team with 42 players missing the first game of the season.

I think absolutely any of Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, Dundee, Dundee United and Ross County can go down this season.

Very much between those 6. Very little between the sides so will come down to who can scrap the best come the business end. Alexander showed that he can get a poor team to do that last season (it was absolutely awful to watch).

We are really not very good. Our midfield is crying out for some creativity and none of our strikers look capable of a decent mid teens return. Any defence that has to rely on Mugabi/Lamie as a starter is also going to be in trouble.

Kelly could be the difference for us, but it’s going to be a long tough season!

Very much between those 6. Very little between the sides so will come down to who can scrap the best come the business end. Alexander showed that he can get a poor team to do that last season (it was absolutely awful to watch).

We are really not very good. Our midfield is crying out for some creativity and none of our strikers look capable of a decent mid teens return. Any defence that has to rely on Mugabi/Lamie as a starter is also going to be in trouble.

Kelly could be the difference for us, but it’s going to be a long tough season!

The only time I felt concern playing Motherwell was when you brought on Watt. He’ll be the difference if he can remain focused.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think absolutely any of Motherwell, St Mirren, Livingston, Dundee, Dundee United and Ross County can go down this season. We've got a tough wee spell with Celtic and now Hibs, but got a wee confidence boost by beating an absolutely shambolic Motherwell side in the cup so the heads won't go if we get pumped tomorrow.

Livi have got a real tough run. Hibs, Dundee, Celtic & Rangers are their next 4 games. Their game at Dens could be absolutely massive to getting something on the board early doors.

I think this season is all about momentum and how well can teams take advantage of it and not let the heads go too much. I think that'll be bigger than any real quality difference makers that are present within each team. I think  the likes of Charlie Adam & Paul McMullan will be nullified by mistakes the likes of shite like Christie Elliott or our other defenders make and I think that's the same for most clubs.

All about the initial momentum that teams can gather.

Motoring towards 40 consecutive years of top flight football, ML1's footballing powerhouse simply don't do relegation, no matter how shite we may be in any given season. 

If there's ever a hint that we're in danger, we simply get our good friends in the corridors of power to reconstruct the league or fûck over some 2 bit club like Falkirk with their shitey ground to maintain our #bigtime status, so you can realistically reduce your pool to 5 candidates for taking the plunge towards the seasides. 

* You may wish to bookmark this post for the end of the season as we are fairly gash atm and could be right in the mix.