Peter Grant’s Bottom of the League Thread

10 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

This is looking like a smashing appointment then 😅

His son Ray plays for us so I'm assuming thats also a plus for the Grant family.

He wasn't sacked at Alloa though was he? There must be a glimmer of hope here somewhere 

I think that just says that the Alloa board made poor decisions, which is backed up by them appointing both Peter Grant and Barry Ferguson in recent years.

12 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

This is looking like a smashing appointment then 😅

His son Ray plays for us so I'm assuming thats also a plus for the Grant family.

He wasn't sacked at Alloa though was he? There must be a glimmer of hope here somewhere 

He wasn't sacked there, no. His contract was not renewed. Was never made clear if this was his choice, Alloa's choice, or both. Before Crawford resigned no club approached him, as far as anyone knows. Bear in mind it was publicly announced in April that he wasn't staying on at Alloa. Only when Crawford resigned did one utter mug club approach him, that being us. The majority of our fans were bemused, horrified and/or disgusted, and season ticket sales suffered for it. He will go down as our worst manager ever and one of the worst appointments in Scottish football history.

However, League 2 may be his level and he could be fine there. f**k knows, but any club taking a gamble on his would be very ill advised to do so.

He wasn't awful with us. Played some decent football. The main problem was that our solid defence fell apart, with Andy Graham and Neil Parry either injured or having a bit of a shiter all round, and he never really managed to shore it up. Seemed like we went behind early in every game and were left chasing it. Opinion was a little divided on whether or not he should get a crack at League One, but I don't think anyone was terribly upset that he was leaving, although nobody was angry about his performance either. Before the original lockdown, he had us performing really well, so he was a bit unfortunate there. If the choice was another year of Peter Grant or the Barry Ferguson era, I reckon most of us would rather we'd stuck rather than twisting (now, at least).

It was still an absolute shocker that he got the Dunfermline job, though.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It can only be a matter of time before Hughes gets sacked. We dis tell you he was useless.

What does this even mean? The fans didn’t appoint him, so 'warnings' to fans don't matter.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

What does this even mean? The fans didn’t appoint him, so 'warnings' to fans don't matter.

You should be fucking hounding your board for appointing the two morons Grant and Yogi, proper heads should roll stuff. We managed to clear the decks after Yogi and Locke.

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You should be fucking hounding your board for appointing the two morons Grant and Yogi, proper heads should roll stuff. We managed to clear the decks after Yogi and Locke.

One of them will be rolling at the end of the season but aye, plenty more should be following him out.

Just now, raith1974 said:

Get a grip, you lot were saying it was a good appointment we said otherwise. 

Show exactly where I said that. Quote my posts.

Also this still doesn't change that fans don't appoint managers. Furthermore, even if they did, then you arguing with fans that it was not a good appointment would have been too late anyway. 

Be prompt with your warning next time. In fact I'd like you to run through the list of potential candidates and rate them all please.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

In fairness our board have taken a bit of a hounding,  our chairman is resigning due to that(with some excessive stuff happening against him)