County vs Rangers

Apart from Balogun switching off and Bassey being too high up for the Spittal chance everything was generally just bad luck. We gave up very few shots and created a number of gilt edged chances.

Sorry mate but we must have watched different defences. We were a bag of jaggies the whole game. County being red rotten was the difference. Gerrard needs to stop tweaking the defence but while they play like that it’s no wonder. I’ve said it many times though, until Goldson is gone we’re always vulnerable. Lost his man at the first goal again.

7 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Sorry mate but we must have watched different defences. We were a bag of jaggies the whole game. County being red rotten was the difference. Gerrard needs to stop tweaking the defence but while they play like that it’s no wonder. I’ve said it many times though, until Goldson is gone we’re always vulnerable. Lost his man at the first goal again.

Not your Goldson agenda again man!

Edited by DMCs

30 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

No. Not particularly. The entire back four were poor. It’s just a belief I have that he’s the root cause. He was no worse than anyone else when it came to defending.

He was arguably our POTY last season where we broke multiple defensive records and finished with over 100 points. He scored today. I don't see how on earth he can be the "root cause".

He was arguably our POTY last season where we broke multiple defensive records and finished with over 100 points. He scored today. I don't see how on earth he can be the "root cause".

We had this discussion last year as well. Even when we were playing well I was if the same opinion. He’s had one good season at Ibrox and deserves credit for his part in winning the title but I still don’t think he’s a good defender. Today we were poor collectively and I’m not singling him out today. He lost his man at the first goal but he wouldn’t have been in that position if we’d defended the free kick properly. Don’t see there’s much for us to gain by arguing. You like him, I don’t. It’s why supporting a club is fun.

6 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Seeing some pretty grim videos online of **** being ****. 

I wonder if anyone ever did a venn diagram on Rangers fans and their correlation to being fat minkers.

Yes and it's just a circle.

3 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

We had this discussion last year as well. Even when we were playing well I was if the same opinion. He’s had one good season at Ibrox and deserves credit for his part in winning the title but I still don’t think he’s a good defender. Today we were poor collectively and I’m not singling him out today. He lost his man at the first goal but he wouldn’t have been in that position if we’d defended the free kick properly. Don’t see there’s much for us to gain by arguing. You like him, I don’t. It’s why supporting a club is fun.

Constantly swapping the other centre half properly doesn't help matters.

13 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Conceded less shots on target than some team did goals and the defence is suspect ffs

It's English Jim but not as we know it.

1 minute ago, CCB19035 said:

Seeing some pretty grim videos online of **** being ****. 

I wonder if anyone ever did a venn diagram on Rangers fans and their correlation to being fat minkers.

There are instances where productions stand accused of "dressing the room" whereby beautiful people are placed where the cameras zoom. This most certainly wasn't the case today in Dingwall and the front row of what I know as the Victoria terrace was interesting.

Footage of fans en route has also come to my attention and whereas I recall George Square antics being brushed off as the actions of adolescents, today we saw full grown adults shaming themselves in quite the most disgraceful circumstances.

10 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Who would you play in front of him?

8 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

What were they doing at the stadium like? I've just seen the buses of mutants on their way to the game.

I wouldn't wish to labour the point as I know it is an issue that is widespread but I couldn't help but focus upon the many that quite obviously have succumbed to a long term surfeit and a daily calorific imbalance.

Apart from that, the ninety minutes were blighted with the usual choral accoutrements 

Who would you play in front of him?

My opinion is Katic/Hedlander would be our best partnership. Granted that’s not readily available and it’s why I’d have thought about a good centre half as being a target signing. Given the amount of times he changes the back two I’d think he would try leaving Goldson out to see how it pans out. It’s merely my opinion. Not a widely held one I’ll agree but not wholly unique either. Think the best plan is to agree my view and yours are polar opposites but as long as we win the title again, all’s well that ends well.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yes and it's just a circle.

Also in a similar fashion, "anyone who drinks in the Keg".

34 minutes ago, Snafu said:

There are just some people who are too thick to learn anything.

How do you punish this?

0_Screen-Shot-2021-08-22-at-173111.png

Contact that supporters club to gather all the names, cancel their season tickets, ban them indefinitely and pass their details onto the police. 

Then don’t include that supporters club in any future ballots for tickets for away fixtures.

41 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Contact that supporters club to gather all the names, cancel their season tickets, ban them indefinitely and pass their details onto the police. 

Then don’t include that supporters club in any future ballots for tickets for away fixtures.

While it would certainly make a statement, I don’t think is entirely practical.

For any of those participating in the sickening behaviour, there could be any number of others who weren’t.

Additionally, anyone that’s been on these away trips knows that supporters clubs often share busses and have non-members travelling so I don’t think it would be fair or reasonable to punish all.

I wholeheartedly agree those involved should be punished, and Rangers have confirmed they are already working to identify them, I just don’t think a blanket approach is the answer.

37 minutes ago, AJF said:

While it would certainly make a statement, I don’t think is entirely practical.

For any of those participating in the sickening behaviour, there could be any number of others who weren’t.

Additionally, anyone that’s been on these away trips knows that supporters clubs often share busses and have non-members travelling so I don’t think it would be fair or reasonable to punish all.

I wholeheartedly agree those involved should be punished, and Rangers have confirmed they are already working to identify them, I just don’t think a blanket approach is the answer.

Standard reply will be that it is only a small minority. Probably is but if you punish everyone then the message may get home and those responsible supporters will soon point out the offenders. SNP set a precedent with this. Small majority have issue with alcohol, bring in minimum pricing and damn everyone.