Both games at Somerset ended in 3-0 wins for us and one was a Saturday and one was midweek. From memory Raith didn’t make a dent in either game and we could’ve scored 5 or 6 in both games.

The games at Starks Park were far tighter but I don’t think we ever had a full squad to pick from in either game. Think we had about 6 injuries in the game Raith won and when the other game came around in Fife we were almost out of the title race. McCall opted to just have us throw everything at it that day and kick them off the park when we didn’t have the ball. It worked, we hung on to stay within touching distance of Raith and managed to rile every single fan in the process for our “agricultural” approach to the match.

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Both games at Somerset ended in 3-0 wins for us and one was a Saturday and one was midweek. From memory Raith didn’t make a dent in either game and we could’ve scored 5 or 6 in both games.

Those two performances were easily our worst of the season and Ayr absolutely had our number in those games. Ultimately they are what cost us the league. Hopefully we will be far more competitive on Saturday. 

Alright folks! I am trying to sort (drinking) logistics for this but its been a few years since I have done the trip on the train. Any Ayr lads/lassies able to help out please?

I remember Newton-on-Ayr being bit closer for a walk to the away end/bowling club, so that works pre game.

But for the train post game, is there an off licence near Newton-on-Ayr for the return journey? Or do we need to head to town and leave from Ayr station? (If the latter, is there a handy place near by? First train from Ayr is 5:14, so quite tight post game...).

Cheers!

As for the game. Last three visits were an incredibly comfortable 2-0 win under Gary Locke (f**k me), and then the two 3-0 abominations under Barry Smith (f**k me). I think the second one I was in the pub at Glasgow Central just after 5pm, having left in a massive huff at the third goal. So mixed memories. Hopefully 3 points this time and give us the chance to kick on!

20 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Alright folks! I am trying to sort (drinking) logistics for this but its been a few years since I have done the trip on the train. Any Ayr lads/lassies able to help out please?

I remember Newton-on-Ayr being bit closer for a walk to the away end/bowling club, so that works pre game.

But for the train post game, is there an off licence near Newton-on-Ayr for the return journey? Or do we need to head to town and leave from Ayr station? (If the latter, is there a handy place near by? First train from Ayr is 5:14, so quite tight post game...).

Cheers!

As for the game. Last three visits were an incredibly comfortable 2-0 win under Gary Locke (f**k me), and then the two 3-0 abominations under Barry Smith (f**k me). I think the second one I was in the pub at Glasgow Central just after 5pm, having left in a massive huff at the third goal. So mixed memories. Hopefully 3 points this time and give us the chance to kick on!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.473465,-4.6249064,3a,75y,131.86h,83.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUx28VOtF-j5xgSKTIwAePA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e4

theres a corner shop on the main road on the walk to the Newton station. Although maybe someone else can confirm if it sells booze I'm not 100% sure, can't remember the last time I was in it

Edited by UpInTheAyr

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.473465,-4.6249064,3a,75y,131.86h,83.57t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUx28VOtF-j5xgSKTIwAePA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e4

theres a corner shop on the main road on the walk to the Newton station. Although maybe someone else can confirm if it sells booze I'm not 100% sure, can't remember the last time I was in it

I can’t remember if it does tbh, even if it doesn’t - if they turn right there is a Tesco Express a few minutes walk away...

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Do the gods of fate weigh up the submissive stuff on P&B where various fans capitulate and throw the towel in before deciding which support to smite?

We’ll win. It’s 0-0 until the 88th minute when Dario returns to haunt Ayr United.

The difference in Dario Zanatta since he came back to us Is night and day to the Dario that played for Ayr last season.  

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
That was a Saturday was it not?

Battered us in the midweek game at Somerset too.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

No it was midweek, Tuesday I'm sure. Think there was maybe another 3-0 home win which was on the Saturday

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The games at Starks Park were far tighter but I don’t think we ever had a full squad to pick from in either game. Think we had about 6 injuries in the game Raith won and when the other game came around in Fife we were almost out of the title race. McCall opted to just have us throw everything at it that day and kick them off the park when we didn’t have the ball. It worked, we hung on to stay within touching distance of Raith and managed to rile every single fan in the process for our “agricultural” approach to the match.

Right enough. The first game has been blanked from my mind completely. Probably because I didn't go to that one, thankfully. The second 3-0 was bad enough in isolation. 

Right enough. The first game has been blanked from my mind completely. Probably because I didn't go to that one, thankfully. The second 3-0 was bad enough in isolation. 
The first 3 nil was up their with the best performances under McCall, Robbie Crawford was outstanding and capped it off with a stunning goal, IIRC Moffat also skyed a pen over the bar in front of the Somerset Rd end

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Absolutely does, that's where I get my carry outs for the train home. 

Was going to get the train but I think I’ve shat it. Is Ayr TV still a thing? As I’d rather just watch it in the house, save a 3hr + train journey from Kdy, there n back.

As for game outcome, I’m not sure, we need a win though since leccie-gate burst it for us on Friday

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Game in doubt now with a further 2 players testing positive on top of the 3 we already had.

Disappointing that it has spread to more players, wonder if this may cause issues for Inverness as well?