4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Zanatta would absolutely have a right to be upset at getting abuse if he wants literally one of the most pointless players I’ve seen in an Ayr jersey.

It was hugely frustrating watching him last season as he’s shown before (and is showing this season) that he has loads of ability.

That's generally how it goes. Fanbases aren't typically that far off in their assessment of a player on the park. I guess you can't know the myriad things that might be going on in training, or behind the scenes that shapes their performance.

Happens to us all the time. Take Declan McManus, a useful and even sometimes pivotal player for every other club than us, for whom he was just completely shite. 

He does, but you had two plums managing you last season who weren’t going to be able to get the best out of Zanatta. Seeing Hopkins brand of “football” tonight it’s no wonder he struggled to make an impact.

I wouldn’t even count Hopkin as being his manager last season as he barely played when he first came in and was then completely frozen out once he signed his PCA with you guys.

Kerr should’ve suited him as he tried to play a decent brand of football and put emphasis on attacking down the wings. However Zanatta rarely looked interested with us which led to Kerr dropping him.
That's generally how it goes. Fanbases aren't typically that far off in their assessment of a player on the park. I guess you can't know the myriad things that might be going on in training, or behind the scenes that shapes their performance.
Happens to us all the time. Take Declan McManus, a useful and even sometimes pivotal player for every other club than us, for whom he was just completely shite. 

If I was going to try and be a bit more lenient towards Zanatta then I would say that there were a few times last season where Kerr played him up front as a striker in a 4-2-3-1 and tried to get him to hold the ball up which didn’t play to his strengths. This was mainly due to Anderson and Cameron being complete duds and Kerr trying something different. It probably annoyed Zanatta a bit that he was being misused at times but it still doesn’t excuse his shite attitude most of the time and the fact he was still very poor when played on the left.

Partick couldn’t get a tune out of Zanatta either, so it wasn’t just Kerr.  McCall’s greatest strength was his man management skills and he could do nothing with the guy.  If Raith have managed to get a handful of games out him, then good luck to them.  But in the end, a leopard doesn’t change its spots.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Partick couldn’t get a tune out of Zanatta either, so it wasn’t just Kerr.  McCall’s greatest strength was his man management skills and he could do nothing with the guy.  If Raith have managed to get a handful of games out him, then good luck to them.  But in the end, a leopard doesn’t change its spots.

Bobcat, Lynx and Cougar are indigenous to Canada mate.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I wouldn’t even count Hopkin as being his manager last season as he barely played when he first came in and was then completely frozen out once he signed his PCA with you guys.

Kerr should’ve suited him as he tried to play a decent brand of football and put emphasis on attacking down the wings. However Zanatta rarely looked interested with us which led to Kerr dropping him.

If I was going to try and be a bit more lenient towards Zanatta then I would say that there were a few times last season where Kerr played him up front as a striker in a 4-2-3-1 and tried to get him to hold the ball up which didn’t play to his strengths. This was mainly due to Anderson and Cameron being complete duds and Kerr trying something different. It probably annoyed Zanatta a bit that he was being misused at times but it still doesn’t excuse his shite attitude most of the time and the fact he was still very poor when played on the left.

No, it doesn't- and early signs are (and may yet prove premature) that McGlynn has managed to coach something into him that others haven't.

Ayr fans are well within their rights to vent their frustration at him based on his (non) performances last year, but he won't see it that way. Would you? 

As I said, just one of those things... ex player comes back to bit you in the arse. Happened to us regularly, especially in those seasons where our player turn over was massive. At one point you'd be hard pressed to find someone who didn't have a grudge.

On another note, what happened to Michael Miller? 

No, it doesn't- and early signs are (and may yet prove premature) that McGlynn has managed to coach something into him that others haven't.
Ayr fans are well within their rights to vent their frustration at him based on his (non) performances last year, but he won't see it that way. Would you? 
As I said, just one of those things... ex player comes back to bit you in the arse. Happened to us regularly, especially in those seasons where our player turn over was massive. At one point you'd be hard pressed to find someone who didn't have a grudge.
On another note, what happened to Michael Miller? 

I’d expect most players to either stay quiet or if they had to say something, admit they didn’t do enough. Not only did he not do that, he came out and gave excuses blaming everyone but himself and tweeting how excited he was to move clubs whilst his current club were close to going down.

Miller was decent for us. Hardworking and did the basics for us. He’s doing a uni course I believe so PT suits him better and he went on loan to Stenhousemuir a few days ago.

Nice to see a ref with a good use of the cards, can’t argue with any of the pictured cards on the RaithTV highlights. BRS’s is made less stupid by Muirheads’s. Nice to see he’s already walking off before the cards come out.

Plenty time for Zanatta to turn to shit, given his past I think most Rovers fans will continue to add that caveat for quite a while but he has been fantastic so far.

McGlynn and Dario have both acknowledged he lost his way a bit the last 2 seasons and I think McGlynn is arguably the best at this level in terms developing players and getting something out of them others couldn’t (probably alongside McCall). I missed the Inverness and Livingston games but you could make a case for him being man of the match in pretty much every game I’ve watched this season.

As others have said, given the style of play Zanatta would never fit in with ‘Hoppyball’ and the fact that Bruce Anderson, Innes Cameron and Zanatta were all duds for Ayr last season says more about Mark Kerr’s managerial ability than it does about the quality of the players.

Completely understand Ayr’s views on Zanatta though and don’t expect them to change no matter what. Jordan Thompson has went on to play over 50 times for Stoke City and is a regular for Northern Ireland but I still wouldn’t ever want to see him in a Rovers shirt again after his performances during our relegation season.

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nice to see a ref with a good use of the cards, can’t argue with any of the pictured cards on the RaithTV highlights. BRS’s is made less stupid by Muirheads’s. Nice to see he’s already walking off before the cards come out.

I,ll argue with BRS two yellows

Looked both to be of the soft variety,especially the 1st one