39 minutes ago, Frosty said:

f**k Hopkin. f**k Smith for choosing him. f**k Afolabe for being the biggest waste of a jersey in our history. f**k Muirhead for thinking what we need is him sitting in the stand. Actually f**k pretty much every player on tonight’s showing.

But if you’re black and white it’s never f**k the club - get yourself a blue and white top if you want to f**k our club.

Mmm, I've got one of those blue and white tops and I don't want to f**k your club. I want your club to grow and play against us in the top flight as soon as possible. Zombies and Tricolor waving Weegie b*****ds on the other hand....... 

I went into this concerned, for multiple reasons. 

We’d not won a league game, we had no momentum behind us, there was a general consensus from the fans that we weren’t doing very well, but here we are, that was a dawdle! 

That was our easiest win at Somerset  since we won on the opening day of 2016/17, which admittedly didn’t work out too well for either of us. 

As much as it was arguably a game which was evens stevens, Rovers were so much more clinical, and fair play to folk that didn’t think Christophe Berra or Dario Zanatta would be good singings. 

Both of them were excellent, and while Berra is bringing a discipline to the back line, fair play to Dario for bammng it right up the home fans. 

Still laughing at that Voice of Ayr Twitter account or whatever it’s called, saying that Ayr are not too far behind Kilmarnock, there’s a yawning chasm between the two.

I went into this concerned, for multiple reasons. 
We’d not won a league game, we had no momentum behind us, there was a general consensus from the fans that we weren’t doing very well, but here we are, that was a dawdle! 

That was our easiest win at Somerset  since we won on the opening day of 2016/17, which admittedly didn’t work out too well for either of us. 
As much as it was arguably a game which was evens stevens, Rovers were so much more clinical, and fair play to folk that didn’t think Christophe Berra or Dario Zanatta would be good singings. 
Both of them were excellent, and while Berra is bringing a discipline to the back line, fair play to Dario for bammng it right up the home fans. 
Still laughing at that Voice of Ayr Twitter account or whatever it’s called, saying that Ayr are not too far behind Kilmarnock, there’s a yawning chasm between the two.

I’m fairly sure that Voice of Reason was tweeting a Hopkin quote after the derby match.

But aye, we’re a million miles behind Raith let alone Kilmarnock.

4 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I’d hope all teams are as why would they make streaming it cheaper than actually going to the game? 

It's still the same £10 to stream games from Palmerston that it was last year. And it's only cheaper for Adults. It's the same price for Concessions and more expensive for Under 16's. Morton's was £14 a couple of weeks ago which is cheaper than attending in person too.

Personally I don't think streaming is really anywhere close to a substitute for attending, particularly if it's as bad as people says Ayr's is, and shouldn't be as much as a full price adult. I'd say £10 - £14 is fair.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Adeloye straight down the tunnel tonight first time he’s done that 

Wouldn't you? A move to a club that on the few seasons' form could potentially see you playing on satellite TV every week soon enough, and you turn up to find this hapless imposter's plan for you is to bicycle kick it into the net from a punt from the defense every week. And as much as I'm sure the crowd response wasn't aimed at him, you're never ever going to be happy with a home crowd giving the team that, no matter that it was 100% justified.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Can I ask who the woman was on co-commentary tonight? I thought she was really good. 

Lauren Johnstone. She really is excellent especially given how bad Calum (main commentator) can be. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

I particularly enjoyed Zanatta getting booked for celebrating the first goal, and I'm thinking yeah that's probably been brewing but these things often come back to bite, only for him to double ram it up us by scoring minutes later. Fair play to the boy.

What did he actually do? Fair play to him if he did give the GIRFIY’s as he was getting booed everytime he touched the ball. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He ran to the side terrace, almost on to the track, pointed and shouted something, The rest of his team mates were at the other side of the pitch. Absolute braindead booking. 

At least we know he reads P+B...

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He ran to the side terrace, almost on to the track, pointed and shouted something, The rest of his team mates were at the other side of the pitch. Absolute braindead booking. 

Delighted to hear this. I absolutely love when players give it back to fans when they've been getting pelters. Daft booking, no doubt, but still great stuff. 

Zanatta would absolutely have a right to be upset at getting abuse if he wasn’t literally one of the most pointless players I’ve seen in an Ayr jersey.

It was hugely frustrating watching him last season as he’s shown before (and is showing this season) that he has loads of ability.

2 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

As straight forward a win as you’re ever likely to see.

Ayr are as pish as their fans have been saying, at least it was only 7 defenders you had on the pitch 🤦‍♂️

Technically you could say 8 as Chalmers was a LB and certainly isn't much cop in Midfield.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Zanatta would absolutely have a right to be upset at getting abuse if he wants literally one of the most pointless players I’ve seen in an Ayr jersey.

It was hugely frustrating watching him last season as he’s shown before (and is showing this season) that he has loads of ability.

He does, but you had two plums managing you last season who weren’t going to be able to get the best out of Zanatta. Seeing Hopkins brand of “football” tonight it’s no wonder he struggled to make an impact.