2 hours ago, renton said:

It's actually pretty hard to gauge how Rovers will play on the back of two league games, one where we blew the mother of all leads and one where we always get beat anyway.

And let's face it, our record down at Somerset is atrocious, and our last two jaunts down there were extremely grim draws...

Now, if I was a gambling man..........

1 hour ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

Where is the best place to park tonight?

I tend to park on Lochside road, 2 minute walk tops and always plenty of parking. Part of it has proper parking bays as well on the section between Walker Road and the corner that is joined by pavement to Hackhill Ave. Tends to be plenty of places to park in the surrounding streets, just avoid the private car park at the flats on Somerset Road as they get pretty crabbit. Just be courteous of peoples driveways and you'll be grand. 

Sadly missing tonight as have a half 4 meeting in the diary that will very likely overrun. 

Change of work plans means I am likely able to head along, will be getting the train from Central. 

Train times back to Glasgow immediately after the game are a bit awkward, so thought I would stay in Ayr, have a few pints and watch Scotland get beat - any kind Ayr folks able to please recommend a pub to watch the Scotland game that is near Ayr station? Cheers!

1 minute ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Change of work plans means I am likely able to head along, will be getting the train from Central. 

Train times back to Glasgow immediately after the game are a bit awkward, so thought I would stay in Ayr, have a few pints and watch Scotland get beat - any kind Ayr folks able to please recommend a pub to watch the Scotland game that is near Ayr station? Cheers!

Just go to the Wallace at Newtown IMO

40 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

I tend to park on Lochside road, 2 minute walk tops and always plenty of parking. Part of it has proper parking bays as well on the section between Walker Road and the corner that is joined by pavement to Hackhill Ave. Tends to be plenty of places to park in the surrounding streets, just avoid the private car park at the flats on Somerset Road as they get pretty crabbit. Just be courteous of peoples driveways and you'll be grand. 

Sadly missing tonight as have a half 4 meeting in the diary that will very likely overrun. 

I remember receiving a handwritten letter in A4 pinned to my windscreen informing about a sick child and that I could ultimately be responsible for their death if an ambulance couldn't get a parking space.

I didn't sleep for a week after it.

3 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Rabbies is usually decent for Scotland games and has loads of screens.  Gillie Dhu next door also supposed to be good for it and I think has a big projector screen thing but I've never actually been in there when football has been on.  Certainly plenty options all within 5 mins or so walk of each other round about the station. 

10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Just go to the Wallace at Newtown IMO

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Rabbies is usually decent for Scotland games and has loads of screens.  Gillie Dhu next door also supposed to be good for it and I think has a big projector screen thing but I've never actually been in there when football has been on.  Certainly plenty options all within 5 mins or so walk of each other round about the station. 

Cheers folks, much appreciated!

30 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

Weird decision to rearrange it for tonight at 6pm given surely they would have known that Scotland were playing Austria at 7.45pm well in advance of making the decision to rearrange the game for this date

Was originally for 7.45, but moved to 6 for some to get away for the Scotland game. Only other date SPFL offered was tomorrow, but I don’t think either club train on a Wednesday so preferred today for recovery for Saturdays fixtures.

See Hewitt is missing tonight, wonder if it’s an injury or the affects of Covid if he was a positive case. 

25 minutes ago, standman said:

Seems crazy this game isn’t tomorrow when there is no clash with the Scotland match and it’s easier to get to after work.

Clubs putting the punters last ?

In a nutshell.  The idea that 2 full time clubs couldn’t play the game tomorrow night is an insult to people’s intelligence.

11 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Are we going 5 at the back, with McAlister Maxwell and Chalmers as a midfield 3, 4 at the back with McAlister and McKenzie or Maxwell wide, double wing backs? Does it really matter?

It’ll be a back four with Muirhead sitting in front of the defence, and then a very narrow midfield three of Chalmers, Maxwell and McAllister IMO.