Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I’d hazard a guess that we didn’t get much say in the matter. I’m sure us and Raith were only told about the game AFTER the authorities had decided on a date. I’d be very suprised if it was us who initiated the date/time 

Even if we didn’t initiate it, the club speaks to Raith who also agree the date is shambolic. They then speak to the SPFL and make their feelings known and say they could play one day later. In other rearranged fixtures, it always seems the clubs decide between themselves whether to play on Tuesday or Wednesday. 

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't understand why it couldn't be scheduled for the Wednesday?

18 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Any reason why 24 hours later wasn’t available? 

I believe Hopkin has some “pass the ball between the centre backs before punting it out the park” training arranged for the Wednesday.

Maybe both teams prefer the Tuesday as they’ll then have an extra day to recover before their championship games on the Saturday.

Ayr don’t play in the cup this weekend but it means Raith have 2 days recovery after what should be an easier game against lower league opposition and then 3 days recovery between two tougher championship games rather than vice versa.

Granted it’s not a huge difference but from a purely selfish point of view I bet that’s the way McGlynn would chose to have it.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Just noticed this has been rescheduled to go head-to-head with Austria vs Scotland.

Utterly brainless. Could they not have found another midweek?

Two games behind and worried about other issues, they want it done now.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently we were offered the Wednesday night but we declined as we wanted another 24 hours to prepare for Dunfermline the following Saturday.

Do teams need prep for games against Dunfermline? Apart from teams with dodgy electrics obviously. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Apparently we were offered the Wednesday night but we declined as we wanted another 24 hours to prepare for Dunfermline the following Saturday.

Nothing like confirming you are making fans an afterthought! 

Definitely regretting purchasing a season ticket. 

ETA, shouldn’t things like this be ran past a supporters liaison!

Edited by No_Problemo

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Do teams need prep for games against Dunfermline? Apart from teams with dodgy electrics obviously. 

The single, sole ambition of Ayr United FC this season is to find one single team that's more of a shambles and finish above them. It therefore makes total sense to forfeit anything that gets in the way of those six-pointers.

34 minutes ago, Thumper said:

The single, sole ambition of Ayr United FC this season is to find one single team that's more of a shambles and finish above them. It therefore makes total sense to forfeit anything that gets in the way of those six-pointers.

I'm sure the extra day working on sitting with 8 defenders at home and shelling it to nobody will make all the difference 

12 hours ago, steakngravy said:

What are the chances of the supporters club putting a bus on? 

I'd say slim. The bus for the Saturday game was cancelled with Rovers site saying due to lack of interest. No idea if that was down to the game being in doubt mind you or if generally people just couldn't be arsed either way.

I'd say slim. The bus for the Saturday game was cancelled with Rovers site saying due to lack of interest. No idea if that was down to the game being in doubt mind you or if generally people just couldn't be arsed either way.
Might just be me but I only found out about the bus after it had been cancelled. I was quite surprised one was running and might have been interested if I'd known.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

TBF, you could send the team out on the lash on the Friday and still coast it.

Would it be preferable to play this game at 6PM? Not ideal, but I don’t imagine many away fans will be making the trip, given the fixture clash while most home fans should be able to attend after work and see the majority of the Scotland game. 

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Would it be preferable to play this game at 6PM? Not ideal, but I don’t imagine many away fans will be making the trip, given the fixture clash while most home fans should be able to attend after work and see the majority of the Scotland game. 

Or play it at 3 in the morning and then pretend it never happened 

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Nothing like confirming you are making fans an afterthought! 

Definitely regretting purchasing a season ticket. 

ETA, shouldn’t things like this be ran past a supporters liaison!

He's currently kicking off at Voice about this and saying it makes him reconsider buying a season. Absolutely would have told them Wednesday was a more sensible option.