1 hour ago, the west curve said:

Two championship games on this Sat in Ayrshire. I look forward to see the difference in the crowds at both games, bearing in mind that Raith will probably bring more away fans than Inverness. A betting man would bet on the bigger club getting the bigger attendance.

Conor Mckenna Insult GIF by FoilArmsandHog

When do we find out if this is on or not?
I noticed that the Rovers fans bus has been cancelled by the organisers at the Club as hardly any intake - which is fair enough considering folk will hold off for confirmation of game on/off, but surely I’d have thought if game on - say confirmed tonight, more folk would take that option up tonight/tomorrow… anyway rambling away.

For me if it’s only 6 players out isolating, it has to be game on with still circa 13 players still available…

2 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

When do we find out if this is on or not?
I noticed that the Rovers fans bus has been cancelled by the organisers at the Club as hardly any intake - which is fair enough considering folk will hold off for confirmation of game on/off, but surely I’d have thought of game on more folk would take that option up… anyway rambling away.

For me if it’s only 6 players out isolating, it has to be game on with still circa 13 players still available…

Is that the supporters club? I didn't realise any buses had been organised in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Common sense decision IMO, sadly with the daft rules in place about isolation we'll have a lot more postponements of games in the future.

The problem seems to mainly be around the fact most our players have only had their 1st jab, meaning a longer isolation period is required. Hopefully the majority of players by now won't be far off getting their second, which will reduce the risks and if required time isolating. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Rearranged for Tuesday night next week - clashes with Austria v Scotland game.  FFS

Really short sighted to go head to head with a Scotland game, surely that will impact on the crowd over and above being midweek. 

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Rearranged for Tuesday night next week - clashes with Austria v Scotland game.  FFS

55 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Really short sighted to go head to head with a Scotland game, surely that will impact on the crowd over and above being midweek. 

I see a lot of people online unhappy with the rearranged date. Personally I’m glad we’re playing it soon and as I don’t particularly follow the national team it suits me fine. A game v Austria will hardly set pulses racing and I’m guessing it won’t be on council telly 

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see a lot of people online unhappy with the rearranged date. Personally I’m glad we’re playing it soon and as I don’t particularly follow the national team it suits me fine. A game v Austria will hardly set pulses racing and I’m guessing it won’t be on council telly 

It’ll suit some people fine, but it is utter stupidity. We lose customers, and annoy season ticket holders - many of us support both. 

It is completely dismissive of the fans. It very much feels like we are an afterthought at Ayr United right now. 

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’ll suit some people fine, but it is utter stupidity. We lose customers, and annoy season ticket holders - many of us support both. 

It is completely dismissive of the fans. It very much feels like we are an afterthought at Ayr United right now. 

Yeah I get that plenty folk don't care about Scotland games but as you say, plenty too.  I've already made plans to watch Scotland game in the pub with my dad and a couple of pals, so that's 2 or maybe 3 that would normally have been at Somerset that won't be now.   Just seems daft making folk have to choose - not sure how much say the club would actually have though ?

5 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yeah I get that plenty folk don't care about Scotland games but as you say, plenty too.  I've already made plans to watch Scotland game in the pub with my dad and a couple of pals, so that's 2 or maybe 3 that would normally have been at Somerset that won't be now.   Just seems daft making folk have to choose - not sure how much say the club would actually have though ?

I can’t see any way in which the clubs would be forced to play at the same time and date as a Scotland game. 

Yeah, I have plans for the Austria game too. It just pisses me off, I got a season ticket to support the club (despite missing games due to working weekends) however I would still like some value out of it so to rearrange the game on a day which forces you to choose which to watch isn’t great. It just increases my apathy, as it runs alongside the shambolic on pitch offerings and the lack of signing updates. 

Make it Wednesday, make it an earlier kick off - it’s not difficult!

Edited by No_Problemo

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

18 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I’d hazard a guess that we didn’t get much say in the matter. I’m sure us and Raith were only told about the game AFTER the authorities had decided on a date. I’d be very suprised if it was us who initiated the date/time