1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
Interested to see how this plays out. The SPFL set the precedent with Falkirk that if you've got players available, the game goes ahead. In this case, if Ayr are volunteering for a "circuit breaker" it feels like the responsible thing to do, but also means those players are technically available, rather than officially being in self-isolation.
The common sense approach would appear to be "Yeah, you're all going into isolation for X number of days, so games within that will be rearranged", but who knows?

Can't help but feel that Ayr will be told to play the game, they'll field about 5 debutant under 19s players who all have blinders and they win 1-0.

Like the Challenge Cup game at Cappielow 10 years ago?

Like the Challenge Cup game at Cappielow 10 years ago?
My thoughts exactly. What a weird game that was. There were no supporters buses from Rovers so only a few dozen of our fans turned up. Eric Drysdale came over before the game started asking if anyone wanted to help as there were no ball boys. We got played off the pitch that night by a youth side. I don't know if any of their younger players kicked on in the game.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

My thoughts exactly. What a weird game that was. There were no supporters buses from Rovers so only a few dozen of our fans turned up. Eric Drysdale came over before the game started asking if anyone wanted to help as there were no ball boys. We got played off the pitch that night by a youth side. I don't know if any of their younger players kicked on in the game.

When Martyn Campbell came over stand side to take a throw-in some wag shouted 'thank f**k we never got the shite one'

Just award us the three points. Can you imagine if all their ‘keepers were affected and they were forced to play an outfield player in goals…

Edited by Enigma

49 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Five players out doesn't strike me as anywhere near sufficient to get the game called off. If the others return negative tests prior to the game it should be going ahead. 

Would prompt a fine tear-strained statement from Falkirk if it was postponed tbf. 

I don't know why you would strain your tears but never mind.

The statement coming out of TFS would indeed be nuclear bomb flavoured though.

53 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Five players out doesn't strike me as anywhere near sufficient to get the game called off. If the others return negative tests prior to the game it should be going ahead. 

Would prompt a fine tear-strained statement from Falkirk if it was postponed tbf. 

There’s more than 5 out , 5 have tested positive and now they are working on their close contacts , 

5 players or 25 players out the problem is we can't train and if we can't train how's Hopkin going to coach out intricate tactics of thumping the ball as far and as high as possible

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

5 players or 25 players out the problem is we can't train and if we can't train how's Hopkin going to coach out intricate tactics of thumping the ball as far and as high as possible

I do like to imagine the players training in two long lines. Hopkin yells "Do it" and the first line fires the ball as far as they can. Then he yells "Do it" and the second line launch it as far as they can. Then repeat. Training must be a blast!

41 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Just award us the three points. Can you imagine if all their ‘keepers were affected and they were forced to play an outfield player in goals…

Oh, you have them. Unfortunately both sets of fans will need to watch the formal "handing over" of them at a later date

48 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, Michael W said:

That's the best outcome. Under 20's with maybe Moff and O Connor play - nobody has enough experience to play Hoppyball so actually just decide to play decent fitba instead.  2-0 Ayr.  

6 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Two championship games on this Sat in Ayrshire. I look forward to see the difference in the crowds at both games, bearing in mind that Raith will probably bring more away fans than Inverness. A betting man would bet on the bigger club getting the bigger attendance.

No one cares about crowds.

Hitler had a bigger crowd than Jesus. Does that make him better?

19 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Two championship games on this Sat in Ayrshire. I look forward to see the difference in the crowds at both games, bearing in mind that Raith will probably bring more away fans than Inverness. A betting man would bet on the bigger club getting the bigger attendance.

Lol. There's trying too hard and then there's this 😂

What a fkn eejit…..