4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

David Hopkin must be contemplating which tactic might be against an ageing Christophe Berra, of course this won’t involve trying to move him about and turn him, it’ll consist of firing the ball on his general direction and allowing him to win it. 

For whatever reason, there is still a small part of me that thinks maybe he won’t be such a shitebag at home. I’ll most likely be wrong though. 

Good luck on that as Berra has been rock solid so far.

2-0 Raith 

First one our keeper slices a passback off one of our unsuspecting defenders arse.

Second Raith play a defence splitting daisy cutter. The midfield don't notice it as they're too busy looking up and the defence are too busy looking up to see what the midfield are looking at while Zanatta strolls through and kneels down to header the ball over the line

1-0 Raith, Zannata scores a worldie in the 2nd minute, Ayr spend the next 88 minutes playing 32 side way passes between a back 3 of Fjortoft McGinty and Baird before launching aimless balls to a frustrated Adeloye, in Hopkins post match interview he's says we should have scored 3 because we had 70% possession and 0 shots on goal.

We have to get wise to this negative rubbish from opposing teams. We’ll lose, Hopkin will make sure we spray the ball sideways. Drone drone drone. It’s inevitable that Ayr will win. Our record at Somerset Park is awful. 

5 hours ago, HMIP said:

Apart from that time you blew a 4 goal lead…

Of course, because we all know that every goal that’s scored is Berra’s fault.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

My point was that we will play to his strengths all game...

🤦🏻

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Of course, because we all know that every goal that’s scored is Berra’s fault.

🤦🏻

I’m not sure what you are not understanding tbh, we are shit and will cause Berra no problems whatsoever due to our direct approach. He is clearly a good player at this level, however like everyone he can clearly be got at if approached in the right manner. 

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure what you are not understanding tbh, we are shit and will cause Berra no problems whatsoever due to our direct approach. He is clearly a good player at this level, however like everyone he can clearly be got at if approached in the right manner. 

I was expressing my concern at missing your connotation, as in a face palm on myself.

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Our record at Somerset Park is awful. 

4 minutes ago, renton said:

I think we are 5 trips down there without a win, now.

W2 D4 L6 in the last 12 visits.

W5 D7 L13 since the turn of the century.

One of my fondest game nights of recent times was when we battered you midweek at Somerset 3-0. Great atmosphere and performance, especially after all the oooooh stuff leading up to it.

But aye, have no hope for this game, fully expect to get done over.

25 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

One of my fondest game nights of recent times was when we battered you midweek at Somerset 3-0. Great atmosphere and performance, especially after all the oooooh stuff leading up to it.

But aye, have no hope for this game, fully expect to get done over.

That was a Saturday was it not?

3 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

We have to get wise to this negative rubbish from opposing teams. We’ll lose, Hopkin will make sure we spray the ball sideways. Drone drone drone. It’s inevitable that Ayr will win. Our record at Somerset Park is awful. 

Do the gods of fate weigh up the submissive stuff on P&B where various fans capitulate and throw the towel in before deciding which support to smite?

We’ll win. It’s 0-0 until the 88th minute when Dario returns to haunt Ayr United.