SNP / Green and their Cooperation Agreement

Ric

3 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I think Andrew isn’t happy 

My word, what a load of sub Littlejohn verbiage.

It doesn't start off too well in pointing out the number of green MSPs elected on the regional lists.

Can anyone think of any other parties with the majority of their MSPs on the list?

A first past the post system, which he presumably favours, would've delivered the snp majority he takes delight in pointing out isn't the case at the moment.

After that it just peters out.

Would not read again.

8 hours ago, sparky88 said:

Not sure the Greens have got enough out of the agreement to a) effect real change on environmental policies b) avoid being a punching bag when targets are missed/ money thrown at oil and gas. Might be an opportunity for another pro-independence party to fill the void in the long term.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Where's Alba's e-mail when you need it?

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

And RISE's. Dont forget them 

You only asked for one...

ETA: I had to google who RISE are.

Edited by Jacksgranda

4 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I think Andrew isn’t happy 

0882E078-6B40-4E60-B83B-7E979C4EAAE7.jpeg

Forgive me Andrew as someone who is as passionate about Britain as your good self, where are you currently residing? 

Yours an enquiring reader x

41 minutes ago, strichener said:

Any party proposing to "earn" more from your labour than you do can quite simply get to f**k.

Don't know any worker who hits anything like the marginal rate above which over 50% would be taxed.

The funniest thing about it is Neil's insistence that he's still some sort of authority or serious journalist after being reduced to scrawling dog whistles in crayon for the Daily Mail and appearing on his far right clownshoes TV channel.

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know any worker who hits anything like the marginal rate above which over 50% would be taxed.

that was my first thought, yeah, it tapers off (cant mind the thresholds but iirc something like £40k+ before you're at the higher rate, which I believe is a fair bit above the median UK wage). plus you get the personal allowance on your first £12500 or so. 

end of the day it all depends what the tax goes on, cant grumble too much if it funds more universal goodies like free prescriptions etc. Less so multi-million pound PPE contracts to Rishi Sunak's Auntie that runs a dildo factory in Wigan.*

*im stealing that from one of the hibs bois but i really really like it, so zero fucks given

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
messed up figure for personal allowance

23 minutes ago, Proposition Joe said:

The funniest thing about it is Neil's insistence that he's still some sort of authority or serious journalist after being reduced to scrawling dog whistles in crayon for the Daily Mail and appearing on his far right clownshoes TV channel.

its pretending to be some kind of anti-establishment Voice of the Voiceless when he's a regular guest speaker for landlord forums that gets me. Nothing screams anti-establishment quite like talking about how best to extract rent from the proles!

13 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

that was my first thought, yeah, it tapers off (cant mind the thresholds but iirc something like £40k+ before you're at the higher rate, which I believe is a fair bit above the median UK wage). plus you get the personal allowance on your first £12500 or so. 

end of the day it all depends what the tax goes on, cant grumble too much if it funds more universal goodies like free prescriptions etc. Less so multi-million pound PPE contracts to Rishi Sunak's Auntie that runs a dildo factory in Wigan.*

*im stealing that from one of the hibs bois but i really really like it, so zero fucks given

You start paying higher rate tax at £43663 in Scotland, including your personal allowance.  I'm not sure what the median wage has to do with this anyway.  It isn't like everyone is taxed based on median income where those that earn more somehow get taxed less.

Anyway the point is that Greens have a policy of setting higher rate tax at 60% which was what my original comment was based on.

Edited by strichener