SNP / Green and their Cooperation Agreement

Ric

11 minutes ago, Ric said:

To be fair, Dumfries and Galloway has always struck me as a bit staunch. I'm sure they could arrange "a nice walk" across the bridge to celebrate its opening.

I think they should tunnel through the ordnance. Just like Brexit “get on with it!”

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I think they should tunnel through the ordnance. Just like Brexit “get on with it!”

Ah, no, you see, it's a floating tunnel now. I kid you not, although it's not a completely crazy idea, they do this in Scandinavia. Also true is they don't plan routes that go over a large deposit of unstable ammunition.

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ah, no, you see, it's a floating tunnel now. I kid you not, although it's not a completely crazy idea, they do this in Scandinavia. Also true is they don't plan routes that go over a large deposit of unstable ammunition.

I’m amazed the idea is still being discussed. I love a vanity project though and I’ve never been to Ireland.

Getting back to the SNP/Greens thing, all parties seem to love big strategic stuff. None of them or their pals who control the councils seem to give much thought to basic maintenance. They are a shower of useless b*****ds.

Will this SNP/Green link up change that? Probably not.

I'm in an SNP controlled council ward, but it's been Labour in the past and I wouldn't necessarily say one was better than the other. You'd think that with overall control 'all the way up the chain' the SNP would manage the cohesiveness of policies, their implementation and the actual citizens it affects better but it seems like local politics are the same as are anywhere; parochial, full of nepotism and personal fiefdoms being created all over the place.

No doubt if some sort of intentional over-arching plan was made you'd have some unionist wag suggesting this is all just "party control" and that we are "on the way to communist china", failure to put in such rigid oversight lends to the "they can't control their own people" claim.

What I would be interested in is whether the Greens coming into this agreement will bolster their chances at the local election level, as I am sure that's where they would like to focus their efforts on, or if it'll be akin to the Clegg-o-rama downfall of the LibDems - albeit they did "share power" with the tories so you know, that "helped".

I'm in an SNP controlled council ward, but it's been Labour in the past and I wouldn't necessarily say one was better than the other. You'd think that with overall control 'all the way up the chain' the SNP would manage the cohesiveness of policies, their implementation and the actual citizens it affects better but it seems like local politics are the same as are anywhere; parochial, full of nepotism and personal fiefdoms being created all over the place.
No doubt if some sort of intentional over-arching plan was made you'd have some unionist wag suggesting this is all just "party control" and that we are "on the way to communist china", failure to put in such rigid oversight lends to the "they can't control their own people" claim.
What I would be interested in is whether the Greens coming into this agreement will bolster their chances at the local election level, as I am sure that's where they would like to focus their efforts on, or if it'll be akin to the Clegg-o-rama downfall of the LibDems - albeit they did "share power" with the tories so you know, that "helped".
The biggest issue with councils is that it's the same overpromoted council officials who make the key decisions no matter who is in charge politically.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

So first off you said, "that's it I'm out", now you are replying in seconds to refute a claim nobody made, after again trying to refute another claim nobody made.

Can you find the post with this quote?  Whilst you are doing a search for that one, maybe pull up one where the DUP policies have been defended.

Since you appear to use the usual P & B jingoisms, I'm sure you'll recognise this one - Be very specific. 

23 minutes ago, strichener said:

Can you find the post with this quote?  Whilst you are doing a search for that one, maybe pull up one where the DUP policies have been defended.

Since you appear to use the usual P & B jingoisms, I'm sure you'll recognise this one - Be very specific. 

1: The DUP are scummy fuckers, containing politicians who subscribe to pseudo-science, xenophobic rhetoric, and misogynistic religious zealotry. Notably to appease their support, but those opinions are fully in the public domain.

2: They supported Brexit after being bribed by Westminster. Some may say that's just politics, playing the best hand they have, and that may be the case. It doesn't stop it being a bribe, or any other synonym/euphemism you wish to use.

You can keep trying to argue the toss, but ultimately it's irrelevant considering all the evidence is there. Trying to argue a different point (such as where is the policy, where are the accounts) is just you dancing around the big  standing in the middle of this room.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Ric said:

The biggest issue with councils is that it's the same overpromoted council officials who make the key decisions no matter who is in charge politically.

I think you'll find that the decisions are made by councillors, or by officials acting under a scheme of delegation approved by councillors which should be available for pubic inspection. All of the most senior officials are directly appointed by councillors.  Happy to help. 

13 hours ago, Ric said:

1: The DUP are scummy fuckers, containing politicians who subscribe to pseudo-science, xenophobic rhetoric, and misogynistic religious zealotry. Notably to appease their support, but those opinions are fully in the public domain.

2: They supported Brexit after being bribed by Westminster. Some may say that's just politics, playing the best hand they have, and that may be the case. It doesn't stop it being a bribe, or any other synonym/euphemism you wish to use.

You can keep trying to argue the toss, but ultimately it's irrelevant considering all the evidence is there. Trying to argue a different point (such as where is the policy, where are the accounts) is just you dancing around the big  standing in the middle of this room.

And still not a single link to a post to back up your shite.

Edited by strichener

8 hours ago, strichener said:

And not a single post to back up your shite.

If you want to turn blindly away from all the evidence, claiming there is no evidence, then it's not my job to spoon feed you.

Keep stabbing at the water all you want, Cnut, the tide will continue coming in.

Now perhaps you will take your ignorant trolling elsewhere, we have things of relevance to discuss, rather than having to deal with people who cannot accept facts.

Edited by Ric

8 hours ago, strichener said:

And still not a single link to a post to back up your shite.

Why does he need to link to posts? 

1. Are you seriously questioning whether a party rife with homophobes and creationish bigots is scummy or not? 

2. Are you seriously questioning whether or not the addition £1billion of funding promised to the failed statelet had no influence in whether or not the DUP agreed to a confidence and supply arrangement with May's government?

If the answer to either of those is "yes" you're even thicker than I thought 😂

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

Thing is, whether it was needed or not, those links were posted.

If this poster is going to sit there and claim it's all lies, while pointedly ignoring the evidence provided by them, then it's clear they are not here for a discussion but to defend despicable people with their despicable views and no amount of actual evidence will shift them from their little echo chamber.

It's probably best we just ignore their craziness and talk about the subject of the thread.

Edit: I've created a honeypot thread for the idiots.

Edited by Ric

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

1. Are you seriously questioning whether a party rife with homophobes and creationish bigots is scummy or not? 

2. Are you seriously questioning whether or not the addition £1billion of funding promised to the failed statelet had no influence in whether or not the DUP agreed to a confidence and supply arrangement with May's government?

If the answer to either of those is "yes" you're even thicker than I thought 😂

When you use a quote in your post then you should be able to post a link to where said quote came from.

As for the rest of your post, you have to be a special kind of stupid to think either of your numbered points were what was being questioned.

It is entirely reasonable to make the statement that the DUP did not receive a bribe whilst agreeing or disagreeing or not even knowing their policies or the members of the party.  When someone claims that the two things are linked and shitebags it when asked to show where anyone has backed the DUP on policy, again it is reasonable to ask for some evidence.

I'll leave it here now as Ric had said, he has created a honeypot thread from himself.

33 minutes ago, strichener said:

.. nonsense off topic stuff ..

Yeah... champ, you are in the wrong place, if you want to shill for the DUP you can do that in this thread:

This is the thread for SNP/Green discussion. If you have any comments about that then feel free to add them. If however you wish to continue defending hateful people, that other thread is just the ticket.

Edited by Ric