ACH - Lib Dem swan song

7 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Jesus, what a way to show someone you're down the rabbit hole. 

"Undermining" their credibility, I'm sure you held them all in high regard before anybody leaked anything! Fact of the matter is the committee found her guilty, she had previously said she'd respect the opinion of the committee but did a complete U turn due to Douglass Ross jumping the gun and due to the sheer numbers of followers that couldn't care less what she's done as long as she at least acts like she's partially pro Indy.

It's a minor point but one that does speak to their credibility or lack thereof that you and they think it was within the committees remit to "find her guilty" of something. 

4 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Jesus, what a way to show someone you're down the rabbit hole. 

"Undermining" their credibility, I'm sure you held them all in high regard before anybody leaked anything! Fact of the matter is the committee found her guilty, she had previously said she'd respect the opinion of the committee but did a complete U turn due to Douglass Ross jumping the gun and due to the sheer numbers of followers that couldn't care less what she's done as long as she at least acts like she's partially pro Indy.

I don't think the committee's credibility wasn't particularly helped when at least one of them demanded the FM's resignation before she'd even been up in front of them. The corpulent Jackie Baillie was one of them, possibly also ACH or thon Tory woman who had an absolute meltdown.

In any case an independent QC-led inquiry completely cleared the FM shortly afterwards, which was quite amusing. 

2 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Selectively leaking parts of the Salmond enquiry including the evidence of some of the complainants, who had been assured their testimony would be confidential, was a particular low point. A horrid little shit, much like his predecessor but with none of his clowning photo-op charm.

Pretty sure Michelle Thomson accused him of harassing her a while back also.  

The tweet unveiling him so few positive interactions it's actually embarrassing, New Hope is also a bizzare slogan when it's going to be 4 years until he can face the voters, when he will almost certainly be met with "who?"

15 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

They've always had clowns/nobodies as leaders, but I think the demise of the Lib Dems is more to do with Labour commandeering their "Tories but nicer" pitch. No really any reason for them to exist now.

I do wonder what the point of them is. It’s a niche market.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

“I would strongly advise you to vote Liberal Democrat” would be a shit election slogan.

Not as bad as, "it's OK for politicians to lie so long as they don't get caught".

I quite like the ‘I would strongly advise you to vote Lib Dem’ tagline, but I feel it could be too heavy handed for them.

I suppose people may vote for them again in the future. Once people forget that they enabled a Tory government which is still with us a decade later.

In time they may go back to being the cuddly, inoffensive, middle of the road vote of choice. Give it another 20 years.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I quite like the ‘I would strongly advise you to vote Lib Dem’ tagline, but I feel it could be too heavy handed for them.

I suppose people may vote for them again in the future. Once people forget that they enabled a Tory government which is still with us a decade later.

In time they may go back to being the cuddly, inoffensive, middle of the road vote of choice. Give it another 20 years.

If they use it I would expect royalties.    If there is any dispute I’d happily settle it directly with ACH in lieu of a court hearing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...