Glasgow

btchmakesandwich

Not been to Glasgow in 20 years. Staying in the city centre Saturday night and looking for recommendations for placed to eat and drink.
Prob need to be abit more specific to be honest, there are so many places to eat and drink in the city centre.

When I'm in Glasgow I always go to Bierhalle on Gordon Street for a pizza. Been doing that since I was 16 so it's probably just a habit now, and not everyone is into the style of pizza there, but I still think they're banging.

If the worst comes to the worst you can just sit and get leathered on the extensive beer selection.

39 minutes ago, Paxo said:

When I'm in Glasgow I always go to Bierhalle on Gordon Street for a pizza. Been doing that since I was 16 so it's probably just a habit now, and not everyone is into the style of pizza there, but I still think they're banging.

If the worst comes to the worst you can just sit and get leathered on the extensive beer selection.

I once saw some guy take a really spectacular tumble down the stairs in there. It was like something from an old silent slapstick film. He kinda rolled forwards from the top of the stairs right to the bottom.

10 hours ago, Paxo said:

10 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

I once saw some guy take a really spectacular tumble down the stairs in there. It was like something from an old silent slapstick film. He kinda rolled forwards from the top of the stairs right to the bottom.

It seems at least 1 guy took your excellent advice

On 19/08/2021 at 20:13, btchmakesandwich said:

Not been to Glasgow in 20 years. Staying in the city centre Saturday night and looking for recommendations for placed to eat and drink.

I'm a big Merchant City fan, so Maggie May's for a burger is cracking. El Sabor if you want something fancier (tapas).

If you're a herbivore, the 78 on kelvinhaugh street (west end) is one of my favourite places to eat. I'm not vegan, but the food there is great. 

• 2 years later...

Will be in Glasgow with the misses during Celtic connections. Looking for some pre show dinner suggestions please. Anything that's got a bit of a funky vibe. ( An interesting place to sit, as much as some decent food.

Going to the mackintosh church on Sunday night. And staying a good bit out west. So ideally something on the way. For Thursday anything close to the royal concert hall.

Suggestions most appreciated. Thank you 

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Will be in Glasgow with the misses during Celtic connections. Looking for some pre show dinner suggestions please. Anything that's got a bit of a funky vibe. ( An interesting place to sit, as much as some decent food.

Going to the mackintosh church on Sunday night. And staying a good bit out west. So ideally something on the way. For Thursday anything close to the royal concert hall.

Thursday, The Wee Curry Shop on Buccleuch Street. Any of the veggie curries are great and my old boy is a big fan of the spiced haddock. I think it was Monty Mohammed’s second place after the OG Mother India and it’s still very good 

2 hours ago, Juanhourjoe said:

I like Bread Meats Bread in St Vincent Street along with Pizza punks across the road. If you are at the Mackintosh church then there is a Bread Meats Bread on Great Western Road - recommendation is the Wolf Burger. 

On 15/01/2024 at 15:20, Juanhourjoe said:

https://mikaku.co.uk

For Thursday if you can get a booking: a Japanese-style izakaya bar styling with very good food and drinks.

Thanks everyone. Wee curry house was a good shout. But maybe a bit further out than I was looking for. Think we might  try saffron by paradise, for a Sunday curry instead.  Mikaku could be on for the Thursday too

On 15/01/2024 at 15:20, Juanhourjoe said:

Sunday lunch at El Jefe's in Finnieston. It's not that handy for Queens Cross, but you won't mind walking it off