Accies v Killie

Fairly run of the mill day at the office. Good away support as ever. Great cross and header for Robinson's 1st. Time seemed to slow down for the 2nd, thought the moment had passed when Robinson didn't hit it 1st time with no one around him, but fair play to him, he took a couple of touches, beat the arriving Accies defenders and then stuck it away. Still think we're a finisher and a midfield creator away from the finished article, but we look a decent side this season. Impressed with Ewan Murray at centre back, he's exactly what we have been needing. Polworth, Haunstrup, Robinson, Burke, Naismith all had good days today, but the keeper Hemming was my MOM with multiple good saves. Unrelated note, but found a handy car park beside Holy Cross school only 2 minutes from the ground.

Edited by Sweet Pete

Finding solutions to the lack of an out and out goalscorer. Trying various approaches and mixing it up far more than we did last season. 

Started the game well, made a few chances and could and should have been ahead from the cutback, which was well saved or defended. 

Rory and Alston should have burst the net with their chances but I was confident that if we kept playing like that, we would score. 

Half time maybe came at a bad time for us as it gave Hamilton a break to settle and thought they came out looking the more dangerous. Hemming's save is as good as a goal at the other side. You lose that at that time and you almost certainly don't take maximum points. You go in to next week's game behind ICT and it changes everything. 

Robinson plays the lone striker role better than Cameron despite being half his size. He wasnt given a moment's peace from the defenders but he fought his corner and took a few balls in, then took his two chances excellently when called upon. 

A good team performance. Polworth, Burke, Alston, McGinn, Murray, McGowan, all jump out at me as players who stood out and deserve a mention. 

6 hours ago, ki11ie said:

You’ll struggle too see a better cross and finish this season than our first on Saturday, outstanding especially when you consider Robinson is what 5’7 at best.

I struggled to see it on Saturday - but that was because  the stream was sh1t.