Hearts v Aberdeen

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Its best to put the pointy end straight down the japseye.

hth

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

You have a pretty remarkable record of posting in every single Aberdeen thread. 

Or maybe it's Hearts, I don't know. Maybe you're one of the Hibs fans that isn't bothered about anyone else, but every post you make suggests that you're very much bothered. 

I'm sure, like all Hibs fans, you're not bothered though. 

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You have a pretty remarkable record of posting in every single Aberdeen thread. 

Or maybe it's Hearts, I don't know. Maybe you're one of the Hibs fans that isn't bothered about anyone else, but every post you make suggests that you're very much bothered. 

I'm sure, like all Hibs fans, you're not bothered though. 

I was having a wee bit chat with  @Suspect Device about his broken hip.

He (and everyone else apart from you) knew that.

You might need to learn to relax, sometimes the whole world isn't out to get you........

Will be interesting to see the Dons team.

An injury to McCrorie or Gallagher would be a disaster ahead of the £5m game - but I do not see any alternatives in the squad, given current available personnel, to play at the back.
Given the chat at the start of the season was about how lop-sided our squad was and susceptible to a couple of key injuries in key positions, there’s an element of predictably we’d end up in this situation.

This feels such a gift for Hearts, in a fixture we tend to struggle in regardless of the form of both clubs going into it. Still, only one game in a 38-game season, so the damage can be retrieved later.

Was thinking that as well

Despite the rigours of Thursday, if we play our strongest team I’m nowhere near as pessimistic as I am on Raith-esque rotation 

I’d rather we just play our strongest team tomorrow and try and get three points 

Brown and Ramirez should start anyway

But they won’t 

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Will be interesting to see the Dons team.

An injury to McCrorie or Gallagher would be a disaster ahead of the £5m game - but I do not see any alternatives in the squad, given current available personnel, to play at the back.
Given the chat at the start of the season was about how lop-sided our squad was and susceptible to a couple of key injuries in key positions, there’s an element of predictably we’d end up in this situation.

This feels such a gift for Hearts, in a fixture we tend to struggle in regardless of the form of both clubs going into it. Still, only one game in a 38-game season, so the damage can be retrieved later.

Had a chuckle when I read £5m game and realised a decent proportion of the fan base don't think we should be prioritising it!

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Was thinking that as well

Despite the rigours of Thursday, if we play our strongest team I’m nowhere near as pessimistic as I am on Raith-esque rotation 

I’d rather we just play our strongest team tomorrow and try and get three points 

Brown and Ramirez should start anyway

But they won’t 

Ramirez has been asked to do far too much work in the last few games. Because JET has become anonymous, Ramirez is having to drop back further and wider to try and get into the game. 

It's obviously not his style of play, and we're verging into McInnes territory of trying to squeeze square pegs into round holes simply because we have no depth in the squad, and because certain players when asked to do their job.....JET, McLennan, McGinn....aren't pulling their weight. 

But we have no other striker in our squad, so he has to play. 

But as pointed out, if Ramirez or Gallagher or McCrorie get injured, we literally have no other players in their position to replace them. And even then, McCrorie is a midfielder filling in as a central defender. 

I fear an absolute scudding tomorrow, and the best I'm hoping for is for the 2 year long Aberdeen injury curse to give us a day off. 

I think Hearts will probably win this, but I'm actually not expecting too many changes from Thursday.

As has been said, we kind of have no choice but to play McCrorie and Gallagher, but an injury to either of them would be a disaster for next week due to our lack of depth at centre-half (and Considine's injury).

We don't have to play Brown as we do have more options in midfield, but it's patently obvious at the moment that we are a better team with him rather than without him - again, any injury to him would significantly quash my optimism before Qarabag. 

I hope we don't see Ramirez and Emmanuel-Thomas together if it's two up front again; I think you have to be picking one of them and partnering them with McLennan to essentially do their running for them, for all McLennan's other flaws.

On a purely negative note, I will absolutely have the fear if I see Gurr is starting. 

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I think Hearts will probably win this, but I'm actually not expecting too many changes from Thursday.

As has been said, we kind of have no choice but to play McCrorie and Gallagher, but an injury to either of them would be a disaster for next week due to our lack of depth at centre-half (and Considine's injury).

We don't have to play Brown as we do have more options in midfield, but it's patently obvious at the moment that we are a better team with him rather than without him - again, any injury to him would significantly quash my optimism before Qarabag. 

I hope we don't see Ramirez and Emmanuel-Thomas together if it's two up front again; I think you have to be picking one of them and partnering them with McLennan to essentially do their running for them, for all McLennan's other flaws.

On a purely negative note, I will absolutely have the fear if I see Gurr is starting. 

I genuinely think we'd fair better against Hearts with two youth centres backs and Brown, than McGeouch and McCrorie and Gallagher.

It's so patently obvious that our defensive frailties come from the midfield that it's not even worth me pointing out.

That said, I'd keep Brooner on the bench as well. In fact, just fire the whole youth team on.

27 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

How's Scott Brown been getting on with his, eh, "style of play" since he signed for Aberdeen? Still immune to refs? If not he should have a short afternoon tomorrow.

Probably be rested for the game tomorrow anyway.

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

How's Scott Brown been getting on with his, eh, "style of play" since he signed for Aberdeen? Still immune to refs? If not he should have a short afternoon tomorrow.

I've always loved the man personally, and I can understand why the referees do too.

I think Hearts will be taking a lead into the half time break against the Dons youth team, but Brooner will come on in the second half, and that'll be the end for the Jam Tarts.

26 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

It'll be the end for my blood pressure certainly. Catnip that laddie, catnip.

Just promise me...however the game goes...don't destroy all the toilet paper and leave a dead bird on the back door step.