Hearts v Aberdeen

There was only 1 team trying to win that game in reality.

Hearts, for all their large home support have not recruited particularly well. 
Aberdeen have other things going on at the moment and are in a massive transition, yet were far the more likelier side to win that game without ever being brilliant.

Big disappointments for me today were Lewis Ferguson and Christian Ramirez. Expect a lot better from them in possession. Never imposed themselves against their opponent.

I’m definitely not a fan of Scott Brown, feel he’s past his best, but today he was by far the best central midfielder on the pitch. 
Mention for Dean Campbell as well, in from the cold and had a good half.

What an absolutely ridiculous and stupid penalty to give away. No threat to goal, a bit like Hearts all day. A crazy gift of an unearned goal.

19 minutes ago, big al said:

There was only 1 team trying to win that game in reality.

Hearts, for all their large home support have not recruited particularly well. 
Aberdeen have other things going on at the moment and are in a massive transition, yet were far the more likelier side to win that game without ever being brilliant.

Big disappointments for me today were Lewis Ferguson and Christian Ramirez. Expect a lot better from them in possession. Never imposed themselves against their opponent.

I’m definitely not a fan of Scott Brown, feel he’s past his best, but today he was by far the best central midfielder on the pitch. 
Mention for Dean Campbell as well, in from the cold and had a good half.

What an absolutely ridiculous and stupid penalty to give away. No threat to goal, a bit like Hearts all day. A crazy gift of an unearned goal.

A pretty one-eyed view of a game with barely a chance in it.

Not really sure how Aberdeen were trying to win it by playing 10 behind the ball until going a goal down either.

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Not really sure how Aberdeen were trying to win it by playing 10 behind the ball until going a goal down either.

I think you’re wrong on the game as a whole. The second half in particular I thought was very enjoyable. 

Not casting stones at hearts either but no way were we playing for a draw at the end, even if we didn’t create too many clear cut chances. 

5 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

You are confusing an inability to cut Hearts open at will with not trying to win the game.

Thought we were worthy of our lead but stopped playing as soon as we scored,in the end we hung on for the point.Great to be back with a full house and a cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think you’re wrong on the game as a whole. The second half in particular I thought was very enjoyable. 

Not casting stones at hearts either but no way were we playing for a draw at the end, even if we didn’t create too many clear cut chances. 

I thought the game had a lot of hard work and you couldn't fault anyone for effort but there was very little cutting edge from either side.  Both teams centre halfs were the best players on the pitch.

Aberdeen pushed for a winner at the end but got nowhere near actually getting one.  The first hour they had one decent chance, on a counter attack

Watched the game in the pub, so was a wee bit distracted.

Thought we looked no' bad without creating many clear-cut chances - not so great after we scored - felt we were hanging on a wee bit at the end.

Thought our pen was maybe a wee bit soft, but who knows.

My favourite bit was Haring's Pressleyesque swan-dive. 

Couldn’t go today, but was fully expecting a 2 or 3 goal defeat given Thursday’s exertions and the obvious focus on the second leg, given the huge rewards.

Previous otherwise decent AFC teams have often struggled at Tynecastle, and with it being Hearts’ first match with their normal capacity allowed in - everything seemed to be stacked against us.

Then we get more injuries, and the usual Tynecastle penalty against us.

On the back of all that, to read we finished the match on the front foot is very encouraging - and let’s hope there’s still plenty in the tank for Thursday as Qarabag rested most of their first team for their match today.

I’m Not really sure how Aberdeen were trying to win it by playing 10 behind the ball either,....considering at no point did we employ those tactics. .

Guest Bob Mahelp

The type of game that Scott Brown was made for. Absolutely strolled it from start to finish, and had the added satisfaction of winding up that erse Neilson at the end of the game.

That aside, both teams were OK in spells without ever having a cutting edge. Over the piece, Aberdeen were probably the better, more cohesive sidedue to the efforts of Brown, JET...who gave whoever was marking him a pretty torrid time....and superb (once again) Calvin Ramsey.

Nathan Patterson got a full Scotland call up for being half as good and half as strong, yet Ramsey is being left out of the U-21 side. No wonder Scottish football is screwed up. 

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Tbf, Hearts never got a chance to see last season’s kit up close 

Today was set as a tribute to Zaliukas who died of MND. Our home shirts have MND Scotland on them but our other strips don't. There is no way we were not going to wear our home shirt today. 

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

It's scummy as f**k and quite frankly out of order.  It's something the club should condemn publicly if its proven it happened.

I dont see it as being something someone would make up tbh.

The people who died were from all over the UK and from further apart.  Football fans really are fucking morons at times.

What next screaming about the Lockerbie disaster anytime a club plays someone from that neck of the woods.

Honestly at times I despair.

It is total made up rubbish. Never ever heard anything to do with Piper Alpha in the many Aberdeen games I have been to since the disaster. You would have to  ask the moron on twitter why he made it up