Hearts v Aberdeen

28 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Well, aye. I'm quite happy to speculate that he's not to be trusted on the chant that I've literally never once in my life heard.

Bizarre this appears in 2021 when it completely escaped my attention for decades.

Almost like it's made up.

It’s a bizarre coincidence that people would “lie” about it simultaneously on an anonymous football forum & Twitter 

The correct response is “wow that’s really scummy if true, most Hearts fans would condemn in the strongest terms”

Then we all move on with our lives 

OF-esque squirming here

Thought the first half hearts shaded it but lacked 2 or 3 quality players. Playing defensive wing backs then also wide players like ginelly and GMS doesn't do it for me. It's all a bit disjointed and ends up 5 at the back really. Thought Halliday was terrible. We lumped high balls at boyce most of the second half. We really need more strikers, our bench was so weak. 

After we scored it was Aberdeen who dominated and you would've thought it was Hearts who were off the back of a midweek journey to Asia. Browns a c**t, still gets away with murder from refs. Can understand why his own fans will love him but he's a fanny. 

Never heard anything about piper alpha, tbh I've never heard it and I've been going for 30 odd years. Heard worse from a few cretins aimed towards Emmanuel Thomas. 

My thoughts on today’s match.

Good:

Superb second half performance.

I liked the way we reacted after going a goal down.

Emmanuel-Thomas when he turns it on, he really turns it on.

I love Scott Brown, pantomime villain or no pantomime villain.

This type of performance is presumably why Stephen Glass took Teddy Jenks on loan.

Dean Campbell never put a foot wrong when he came on, but still likes to play the safe ball back although great ball in for the equaliser.

McCrorie and Ramsay also stand outs.

Bad:

Hearts TV camerawork. Could someone tell them the point of paying £15 is to watch the football and not spend huge amounts of the 90+ minutes focusing on the benches, players in close up or the crowd whilst the game is going on.

Our first half performance was uninspiring.

Bobby Madden was all over the place. How Haring got away with multiple fouls, diving in the box and throwing the ball away before actually getting booked with about 10 minutes left was surprising. And the foul that Haring “earned” by falling over beside his own corner flag near the end with no contact on him, beggared belief. I think this is where Glass was booked.

1 hour ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Poor home support from Hearts today.

Giving it the "Piper Alpha" chat too. ****, min! 

What part of the ground did you hear it coming from?

Never heard it my my life and never heard it anywhere near me.

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a bizarre coincidence that people would “lie” about it simultaneously on an anonymous football forum & Twitter 

The correct response is “wow that’s really scummy if true, most Hearts fans would condemn in the strongest terms”

Then we all move on with our lives 

OF-esque squirming here

It smells strongly of the stairwell song that we are supposed to sing, without knowing the words. 

If it happened then it's poor taste as PA deaths/injuries were not exclusive to Aberdeen 

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's scummy as f**k and quite frankly out of order.  It's something the club should condemn publicly.

I dont see it as being something someone would make up tbh.

The people who died were from all over the UK and from further apart.  Football fans really are fucking morons at times.

What next screaming about the Lockerbie disaster anytime a club plays someone from that neck of the woods.

Honestly at times I despair.

it would certainly be very odd to think piper alpha was something that happened to Aberdeen the city alone.

whilst it is obviously closer to the bone for many aberdonians as you say people from all over work on these rigs. 

OK. I’m not too proud to say Mr Dean Campbell had a hugely impressive performance when he came on today.

Absolute fair do’s to the lad, credit and praise when it’s due.

I’m away to eat humble pie with my dinner tonight. Will be well chuffed if he continues to prove me wrong.

Well done and keep it up Dean [emoji122]

3 minutes ago, scoobles said:

It smells strongly of the stairwell song that we are supposed to sing, without knowing the words. 

If it happened then it's poor taste as PA deaths/injuries were not exclusive to Aberdeen 

It is still poor taste if the deaths / injuries were exclusive to Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, scoobles said:

The stairwell song and other horrible chants exist, I’m sure most of us have heard them, possibly in a pub pre match or elsewhere, sung by a few pissed up morons. 

I have never, ever heard it sung in unison by an away end of Aberdeen fans etc though. 

I suspect if the piper alpha stuff was heard today then we’re probably talking about a handful of idiots.

26 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The stairwell song and other horrible chants exist, I’m sure most of us have heard them, possibly in a pub pre match or elsewhere, sung by a few pissed up morons. 

I have never, ever heard it sung in unison by an away end of Aberdeen fans etc though. 

I suspect if the piper alpha stuff was heard today then we’re probably talking about a handful of idiots.

The stairwell song doesn't exist. The lyrics I've seen online are the Durrant song with some creative wording.

There absolutely is an Ibrox disaster song. Anytime I've heard it sang at games I've been it's been very quickly drowned out. Can't say the same for pubs, supporters buses or bams on a Saturday night unfortunately.