Hearts v Aberdeen

I wasn't over the moon with the Brown signing or the appointment of Glass, but was prepared to see how it panned out, and so far so good. (Apart from the Raith Rovers result, of course.)

Going by this and other Dons' match threads, Brown appears to be an inspired signing (so far) and Glass seems to be quite happy to admit he's screwed up the selection/tactics and make changes. (Somebody said it would be nice if he got it right from the start, but at least he makes the changes.)

I still hae ma doots about us getting through on Thursday, but we're in with a chance of making it, and I'm happy with that chance paying off.

Anyway, verdict so far - reasonably happy.

3 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Aye, 'utterly owned' is usually the sign of sober analysis.

Brown feeds off games like today. He loves getting abuse, and it's daft of the Hearts crowd to feed him the attention, but there we go.

The boy's a c**t.

Aye, but he's oor c**t noo.

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Aye, but he's oor c**t noo.

He loves playing at Tynecastle. He's always good there. Bizarre that our crowd haven't learned to just ignore him and let him work himself into a lather.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Honking performance. Neilson had no answer to JET tried to be cute with switching to a 433 and paid the price for it.

2 shots on target. Meek pish

He left Cochrane completely exposed in the second half. Really poor.

I want to not want Neilson to get the bullet. And I know we won't sack him.

But, f**k me, he's hard work. It feels like every week we're watching the team thinking 'I know loads of guys who could make better decisions than this'.

He's just very limited.

Aye, 'utterly owned' is usually the sign of sober analysis.
Brown feeds off games like today. He loves getting abuse, and it's daft of the Hearts crowd to feed him the attention, but there we go.
The boy's a c**t.
hes our c**t though [emoji175][emoji176][emoji179][emoji177][emoji180]

Would have taken that result before the game.  In fact in the special circumstances surrounding this game and for the first time ever I wouldn't have complained too much if we'd lost by the odd goal at Tynecastle.  Even a lucky draw would have pleased me, doubly pleasing that we were arguably the better side.

Guest TheJTS98

We're three games in and we have seven points. We've played two nailed-on top six teams and won at a place we rarely win at (we rarely win anywhere, to be fair). So, on balance it should all be very positive.

But Neilson watched Celtic over-run our shape in the early parts of the second half at Tynecastle and then went and played the same shape from the start at Parkhead in the League Cup. He routinely asks jobs of players who, while perfectly capable at other things, cannot do what he asks them to do. He doesn't seem to grasp that his job is not to be clever, it's to win.

We were great at St Mirren for 20 minutes. Then we were fucking pish. And to hear Neilson talk about it as if St Mirren are some kind of footballing superpower who pushed us deep was completely galling.

Then today we play fine in the first half, but are clearly sabotaged by Neilson's insistence on asking Michael Smith to run into space and deliver finals balls (I mean, f**k me!), so nothing happens. And then we get a break when Aberdeen give us a daft penalty, and then we spend the rest of the game being over-run in midfield! What's the point of Neilson's style if it's not to see out a game like today?

Absolute pish. And there's 8 months of this to go.

Rotherham, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, whatever. Just somebody give him a fucking go.

Edited by TheJTS98

Decent game considering i was not confident prior to kick off.

Jet surprised me ,why can't he play like that every game ?

Other plusses Campbell did well and  Ojo scoring hardest chance he's had .

Aye Broon is a c#nt but fun to watch when he's your c#nt.

Guest TheJTS98
26 minutes ago, Irrational Behaviour said:

Poor home support from Hearts today.

Giving it the "Piper Alpha" chat too. ****, min! 

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about (not about the disaster, but about any kind of reference to it from Hearts' support).

I went to my first Hearts v Aberdeen game in (I think) 1989 and have been to untold numbers since.

All joking aside, how many people attending the game today wishing to be offensive would actually be of an age to know what the PA disaster was?

You may be making this up. I'm pretty sure you are.

Edited by TheJTS98

54 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Pretty decent game for a 1-1 draw. Think we were the better team over the whole match, and wouldn't have been unfair on Hearts if we'd won. But 1-1 is better than a defeat to a soft penalty.

Edit: If McCrorie keeps playing like that he's surely got to be in the national squad. Far better than some of the honking jobbies we've had in at centre back of late.

Aye, like Gallagher 😂. He gives me the fear. 

Guest TheJTS98
10 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

I heard that from Jambos about 20 years ago 

JTS98 said he didn’t hear it though so it definitely didn’t happen, obviously 

Well, I'm open to a suggestion of something that I might be missing. Genuinely.

But, like I said, I went to my first Hearts - Aberdeen game in the eighties and from the mid-90s till about ten years ago I barely missed one.

I know of no song or chant that references the PA disaster. I was actually quite baffled to see it even mentioned in the context of a football match. It's simply not something I've never encountered in relation to football.

Now, given that I've attended dozens of these games and that I'm actually more like the age-group that might know about this, does it not seem more likely to you that the OP here is just making stuff up than that I am?

I mean, how many of the age-group that go to football to be offensive will ever have heard of Piper Alpha? Really? I think not that many.

I literally could not reference you a single song or chant with anything to do with the PA disaster. f**k knows how many times I've been to see Hearts play in Aberdeen. How would you explain that?

Given that the only evidence contrary to this is some lad on an anonymous internet message board...

I think your pal is lying.

It does you no credit to back up complete bullshit.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Few people “lying” it would seem

Well, aye. I'm quite happy to speculate that he's not to be trusted on the chant that I've literally never once in my life heard.

Bizarre this appears in 2021 when it completely escaped my attention for decades.

Almost like it's made up.

Edited by TheJTS98