Hearts v Aberdeen

Looks like it's heading for a sellout, or close to it and I for one am absolutely buzzing to be back with a proper crowd. The atmosphere against Celtic with 5000 was excellent, so assuming we don't concede in the first 30 seconds it should be bouncing.

Not sure what to think of the game, Aberdeen have a long trip home from their European tie so could be a bit tired but it's a good yardstick for Hearts to see where we will be competing. Hopefully we can get the Woodburn deal over the line and have him involved.

Mmmmm... I never feel comfortable when the opposition fans don't rate their chances. Give me the Hibs fans with their ridiculous over-confidence any day,  as it rarely ends well for them.

We either play a side drained from tonight’s efforts or a much changed side who just aren’t good enough and probably drained from the travel anyway. 

assuming hearts are at least a mid table premiership standard side they should see us off fairly easily. 

We haven't won at Tynecastle in over 4 years (May 2017) despite us playing some absolutely horrendous Hearts teams in that time.
Even if you excuse the fact we will be Sluggish/ playing the (underwhelming) B Team I can't see us being able to get past a confident looking Hearts team at an almost full Tynecastle.

38 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Aberdeen at home is curiously, probably the fixture I'm most confident about winning, possibly because Hearts rarely fail to turn up in this fixture.

You get the 3 points, we use this to prove this is your cup final. We all win. 

Good run of form from us in the league with Aberdeen having poorer form, they also have to travel to and from the arse end of nowhere midweek, they also haven't beat us at home in years, all this points for an easy Hearts victory that's why I'm backing Aberdeen to hammer us.

In a league  where most of our  fixtures  are against clubs  with less than half our resources or clubs  with  more  than  four  times  our  resources  Aberdeen is  always  one of  the  games look  for on the  fixture  list. 

As a bonus Aberdeen  now have Scott  Brown and so are suddenly an easy team to despise and feel morally  superior to 

My head is pointing me towards Tynecastle completing a hat-trick of dispiriting defeats.

My heart is saying that the inevitable defeat at Tynecastle will be offset by a surprise result in Baku that sets up a cracker next week at Pittodrie and makes this particular visit to Edinburgh irrelevant (to me).

I almost don't care about this and have written it off completely.

If we get pumped out of sight in Azerbaijan, it becomes more important - but if the European tie remains open, then it's all about next Thursday and we will have a Raith Rovers team out there on Sunday and they won't enjoy playing Hearts, who invariably play a 'robust' game against us at Tynecastle. If it's their first full stadium since lockdown, then that will just make it harder.