Peterhead v Airdrie 21/8

Pressure is on early for Murray here, not saying it’s must win but… Early in the season so plenty of time to turn things around however we’re not wanting to become uphill struggle. Not sure how many tickets we were allocated for the game but finding it odd that there is restrictions tbh for a very open stadium with a relatively small crowd expected. Anyway, mon the diamonds!!!

8 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Pressure is on early for Murray here, not saying it’s must win but… Early in the season so plenty of time to turn things around however we’re not wanting to become uphill struggle. Not sure how many tickets we were allocated for the game but finding it odd that there is restrictions tbh for a very open stadium with a relatively small crowd expected. Anyway, mon the diamonds!!!

don't think there is any restrictions now going by the web site

Away fans (Airdrieonians) please get in touch with Airdrieonians FC direct. There will be no away tickets on sale at Balmoor. 

Missing out this time as I thought we were limited to a small number of tickets stuck behind a goal with no cover. The weather looks a bit on the rainy side and it's always cold--if that sounds like being a wimp so be it. There is a stream but I  have not yet decided whether to PPV. It is an important game even at this early stage.

18 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Could be really up against it with an outbreak of covid in our ranks.

1 minute ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

3 positive tests that I’m aware of at the moment. That may increase. 

Sorry to hear that, hopefully no more. This is going to be a recurring problem for teams for the forseeable. Luckily players should be young and fit so should not suffer too badly from the virus and get back to normal as soon as possible. 

Murray’s team selections are wild at the best of times so in a morbid sort of way I’m looking forward to seeing what he comes up with (if this turns out to be the case). For maximum inconvenience it will be Currie, Easton, McCabe and at least one centre-half with Lyons and Kerr also still out. 

Looking forward to Jack McKay playing as a trialist and Dean Ritchie still not getting a game. 

We seemed to be quite lucky last season, I don’t think we ever had any big incidents did we? Currie isolating after (I think) going on holiday is the only incident I can remember. It’s the last thing we need after our poor start but just have to get on with it. 

No mention of it on the match preview interestingly, though those often seem to be based on interviews from training on Tuesday nights when this might not have been an issue. We only really have 18 players available for tomorrow with Kerr, Salim and Lyons out injured so it should be pretty obvious who has it, hopefully they’re all alright. I feel tomorrow is going to be one of those days where we look at the teamsheet at 2pm and don’t have a clue what Murray’s up to.