Chants at Football Games

This’ll be some laugh. Reminisce on the funniest, worst, most offensive, or downright nonsensical chants or shouts you've heard at a game. 

I’ll start, was at Forfar v Kelty this weekend, and an elderly gentleman was giving Andy Munro nonstop abuse calling his podcast shite for 90 minutes. Forfar captain Ross Meechan also agreeing.

In  the early 2000s our signing from Inverness had initially struggled to settle but was beginning to settle in and deliver the odd  decent performance.

I  don't know whether the song that surfaced encouraged him or  not

There's only one Dennis Wyness, one Dennis Wyness
He used to be shite, but now he's alright
Walking in a Wyness wonderland

37 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You're just a shite Phil Foden..........................on Saturday to the young St Mirren player with the white hair, MacPherson?

You're just a shite Jack Sparrow..............in our play offs against Partick Thistle to Ryan Edwards.

You’re just a shite David Turnbull, sung by the Motherwell fans to Jake Hastie when they both played for Motherwell.

Always loved the singing at the fitba - one of the best things about it. 

I remember a 20 min chant of "Richard Gough - Child Molester" at Ibrox in 90's that had the denizens fucking raging - happy, innocent days.

"Hazel, Hazel - Show's yer tits" at the *Tennents Sixes* when she was interviewing someone in front of us. The police were involved (quite rightly given it was a national treasure that was being abused at a family event). Not proud.

Mike "Shitey" Galloway getting absolutely hounded by the East Stand when we were playing Celtic at Fir Park - along with Davie Cooper tormenting him on the field, he was visibly losing the plot - it resulted in a Celtic Supporter that had "Dr" as their title writing a letter to the main letters page in the Herald condemning it :lol:

More recently - "Bob McHugh Shags the Birds" and "x birds went to bed with Boaby" (to the tune of "one man went to mow") were away game staples every time he was warming up as a sub. Apparently got him into trouble with his actual bird and I remember it had James McFadden in stitches first time he heard it up in Dingwall. One of these ones that everyone was tempted to join in.

The "Twist and Shout" at Ibrox after the playoff first leg was one of my favourites ever - great to be a part of.

At France 98 Scotland-Morocco, the stadium was rocking pre-match with the Shearer paedophile song ("a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile").

Remember the French people around me humming along, none the wiser.

Chanting “There’s only one Joe McElderry” at Celtic Park when they brought out beaten X-Factor finalist Olly Murs at half time during an old firm game. The chant itself wasn’t that funny, but it seemed to get under the skin of Olly Murs a lot so that elevated it a bit as a random funny moment.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Always loved the singing at the fitba - one of the best things about it. 

I remember a 20 min chant of "Richard Gough - Child Molester" at Ibrox in 90's that had the denizens fucking raging - happy, innocent days.

"Hazel, Hazel - Show's yer tits" at the *Tennents Sixes* when she was interviewing someone in front of us. The police were involved (quite rightly given it was a national treasure that was being abused at a family event). Not proud.

Mike "Shitey" Galloway getting absolutely hounded by the East Stand when we were playing Celtic at Fir Park - along with Davie Cooper tormenting him on the field, he was visibly losing the plot - it resulted in a Celtic Supporter that had "Dr" as their title writing a letter to the main letters page in the Herald condemning it :lol:

More recently - "Bob McHugh Shags the Birds" and "x birds went to bed with Boaby" (to the tune of "one man went to mow") were away game staples every time he was warming up as a sub. Apparently got him into trouble with his actual bird and I remember it had James McFadden in stitches first time he heard it up in Dingwall. One of these ones that everyone was tempted to join in.

The "Twist and Shout" at Ibrox after the playoff first leg was one of my favourites ever - great to be a part of.

That's the only decent post so far, the rest are neither funny, offensive or nonsensical.