Midgets vs Monkeys

Apropos of nuffink,...I'm pretty sure that the Clydebank mascot used to be (maybe still is) some sort of monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla sort of thing. I wanted them to call it "Spank" but they eventually plumped for "Titan" instead.

Can't remember if it was at Glenhead or Holm Park when I saw Titan (during the match, standing upright on two hind limbs, on the pitch side of the barrier six feet away from the lino) antagonise an opposition player to the extent that he (the player, not the monkey) got so upset that he verbally abused a pretend monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla....and promptly picked up his second yellow for ungentlemanly conduct...

Off he trots, shouting abuse at poor old Titan as he departed.

Cue the monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla thing sarcastically applauding the guy as he traipsed away.

Monkey-kind definitely won the battle that afternoon.

15 hours ago, SANTAN said:

Unfair fight.

A chimpanzee could kill 99.9% of posters on this board. What sort of monkey are we talking about here? 

Who's the 0.1%?

10 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Apropos of nuffink,...I'm pretty sure that the Clydebank mascot used to be (maybe still is) some sort of monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla sort of thing. I wanted them to call it "Spank" but they eventually plumped for "Titan" instead.

Can't remember if it was at Glenhead or Holm Park when I saw Titan (during the match, standing upright on two hind limbs, on the pitch side of the barrier six feet away from the lino) antagonise an opposition player to the extent that he (the player, not the monkey) got so upset that he verbally abused a pretend monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla....and promptly picked up his second yellow for ungentlemanly conduct...

Off he trots, shouting abuse at poor old Titan as he departed.

Cue the monkey, chimpanzee, gorilla thing sarcastically applauding the guy as he traipsed away.

Monkey-kind definitely won the battle that afternoon.

Something about grown men in furry suits that seems to drive football fans mental. The Morton faithful had a collective meltdown when our Pellie the Elephant dropped his shorts to bare his fluffy grey arse at them. Getting a player sent off is a different level though, respect to Titan.