Livi v Motherwell 21/8

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Your going to lose a game thanks to a brace scored by a guy on crutches - this I've got to see. 👍

When Aaron Taylor-Sinclair nods in backpost headers and we play Bevis Mugabi up top, I'll believe anything.

That strike partnership was a sight to behold. Mugabi was up there for a good 25 minutes too, it wasn't just like it was a last throw of the dice in injury time.

Thank god we had Gillespie between the sticks that day, if it wasn't for him Livi wouldn't have been far off double figures. 

Edited by dezz

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

Yup, a real low point watching us shell high balls towards the strike paring of Manzinga and Mugabi. 

Pretty sure Hartley hit the post in injury time with what was our first and only shot in the entire game. 

If that had gone in it would've been a bigger smash and grab than the sheep's 4th min injury time winner a couple of games ago. We absolutely dominated you in that game and should've been 4 or 5 goals up by that point, and i near had an aneurysm when you hit the post.

Equally our 1-0 loss in the LC game under Kenny Miller was depressing, we could've played all day and not scored, came away from that game thinking our season was going to be thoroughly gloomy under Miller, then we punted him for Holt and had a comfortable 9th place finish, thank f**k. 

4 hours ago, Durnford said:

The defence have started to look increasingly more settle; however our management's propensity to phuque around with the defence, round about 60 - 70 minutes in, can completely upset the balance. 

Irrespective of when/if we score we really need to cut that particular "own-goal" out.

Aye interesting listening to Martindale's post match interview after the St Mirren game, saying he doesn't make defensive substitutions if he can help it, liking to make forward subs instead, to freshen things up. was it against the sheep or St Mirren (canny mind now) that he brought on Kelly, moved Fitzwater to RB/RWB, and also moved Devlin into attacking midfield. Ended up Fitzwater hesitated every time he had the ball around the box, and tried to pass to Devlin for him to put the ball into the box, so basically he was like a spare part not knowing what to do and just getting in the way up front.

3 hours ago, mozam76 said:

Livi to win and Scott Pittman to score anytime, in memory of big Steven Carrie. That would do me. 

This.

I was pals with Steven for 15 years and I'm absolutely gutted I can't get to the game to see it happen.

10 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

What's the story with Shinnie lads? Saw he came on against the Buddies, just not fit yet?

Yeah took a knock in the league cup, seems like he'll be a starter for us once he's back to full fitness

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

What's the story with Shinnie lads? Saw he came on against the Buddies, just not fit yet?

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah took a knock in the league cup, seems like he'll be a starter for us once he's back to full fitness

Aye half our squad was either injured, had covid, or that shit and sickness bug.

Jacobs and Shinnie were back as used subs against St Mirren, Montano, Williamson, and Lewis are meant to be back in the squad for this game too. Kabia and McMillan will be long term injuries still. Not sure about Penrice as he wasn't in the team sheet against St Mirren, and Longridge went off injured, hopefully one of them is fit or Montano will have to get chucked straight back in as a LWB, either that or Jacobs filling in there again. As someone said, we signed tons of left sided FB's and now we're struggling for one of them being fit enough to play.

Holt and Sibbald had covid, but look to be back fully fit, took Sibbs a wee while as he has asthma and it hit him a bit harder.

9 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

What formation do you think that is for Motherwell?

@Desp running the team now is it?

On 18/08/2021 at 11:04, Desp said:

I wonder if Alexander will be tempted to go back to the 3-4-3/3-5-2 he tried out against Annan.  It could solve a few issues, i.e there's not really an effective winger in the squad.  It takes away a third midfielder, considering Maguire/O'Hara/Crawford all remain unconvincing.  Having big Ojala at the back to manage Mugabi & Lamie through a game could be a benefit as well, much like when Hartley excelled in the back three.

Having Watt & van Veen playing off a pacey frontman could be an interesting watch as well. 

Kelly

Mugabi  Ojala  Lamie

O'Donnell  Slattery  Donnelly  Carroll

Watt

van Veen  Sheilds/Woolery