Livi v Motherwell 21/8

Even game,too many mistakes from both teams,the Well looked much sharper up front.
Pittman,Baily,Anderson,Fizzywater,Obileye poor overall,best for Livi were Forrest,Shinnie,Holt,Devlin.
Still problems at the back,lack of drive in midfield,lack of positional sense upfront,relying too much on Forrest creating chances,lack of back up from midfield going forward.
As I said at start of season 0 or 1 Point from 1st 6 league games,getting close and I'm not often wrong
Remember don't  blame me, ask Martindale what's wrong

Stryjek 4/10
Devlin  4/10
Fitzwater 3/10
Obileye  3/10
Longridge 3/10
Holt    5/10
Pittman 2/10
Sibbald 2/10
Bailey  2/10
Anderson 2/10
Forrest  7/10

Hamilton 0/10
Shinnie  6/10
Kelly    2/10

33 minutes ago, superwellfan said:

Had this in my head since he signed.

Regular refrains of "Amaluuuuuzor" during my morning shower.

Marvellous for the old self esteem.

You'll forgive me for not being au fait with the Premiership this season, but I did get a chortle every time his name was mentioned on the radio today :D

Only caught the last 40mis after work, and it was as scrappy as this fixture always is, but a big 3pts that, even this early in the season.

Said in my last post that 4/6 was the minimum we needed to be taking from today and vs Dundee next week, but that I doubted we would achieve it, mainly because I couldn't see us taking anything today. Very happy to get that one wrong. Quietly confident of putting Dundee back in their box next week after the cup debacle and actually claiming all 6. 

A lot of slack play in the little I actually saw, including at least 3 passes straight to the opposition, all by different players and each of which really put us on the back foot. The defence needs strengthened no doubt, but misplaced, simple passes much higher up the pitch are causing us equal amounts of unnecessary pressure just now too. A lot of tightening up required from the front back, as the better sides will punish the slackness much more. Hopefully a couple of decent late additions to the squad can aide us on that front.

After the year he's had, it was superb to see Grimmy getting his goal. Up there with big Cedric getting his a couple of years back, and equally as deserved. 

4 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Would love to hear/read the scramble that it wasn't the players being booed :lol:

Thing is - I was at the other end of the stand but it honestly looked to me that the Livi keeper took out his own defender and the ref stopped the game with an open goal. I'm assuming by the lack of seethe on here that it was simpler than that - but at the time, I was annoyed with the referee and indulged in a bit of booing.

On the game - weird one. I thought we were the better team but f**k me, the number of unforced, stupid mistakes - that needs stamped on. Also - I'm yearning for a bit of the old Thunderdome as we are way to nice as a team - not physical enough in my opinion.

Watt showed quite neatly why it was a stupid, costly decision to drop him last week - without being at his best, he was still involved in most of the good attacking stuff we did and was directly involved in both goals.

We still feel fragile, a massive work in progress and missing a defender and midfielder but a point in Perth and 3 at Livi (who I thought looked uncharacteristically shite and disorganised at the back) is a decent return for us at any time.

18 minutes ago, Swello said:

Thing is - I was at the other end of the stand but it honestly looked to me that the Livi keeper took out his own defender and the ref stopped the game with an open goal. I'm assuming by the lack of seethe on here that it was simpler than that - but at the time, I was annoyed with the referee and indulged in a bit of booing.

Looked to me like there *might* have been a wee nudge on Kelly into Stryjek, but I'd need to see it again and even then the foul felt harsh. In any case its irrelevant with the player being booed off the park and chanted at while he's on the ground,  which (along with Sibbald being booed off) was what I was referring to. 

Edited by LiviLion

Guest superward

I was watching via the MFC international stream.

Definite wee push from Amaluzor. Certainly a hand on his back which the ref would have seen. 

Guest superward
Just now, superward said:

I was watching via the MFC international stream.

Definite wee push from Amaluzor on the Livi defender.  Certainly a hand on his back which the ref would have seen I think. I didn't really notice til the replay. 

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Looked to me like there *might* have been a wee nudge on Kelly into Stryjek, but I'd need to see it again and even then the foul felt harsh. In any case its irrelevant with the player being booed off the park and chanted at while he's on the ground,  which (along with Sibbald being booed off) was what I was referring to. 

I couldn't hear anything but I did see Tony Watt gesturing to them to calm it....

I thought the defence and midfield worked reasonably well but the front three didn’t work together.

Amaluzor did nothing specifically but seemed to be causing havoc down the right and drew a few fouls.

I don’t think introducing defender no. 6 and 7 is good for the heart, we were putting Livi under pressure until then.

Would it not be preferable to flood the midfield to create a barrier further out?

Just putting some #respect on it. The equaliser came from a short corner lads (and was actually a smashing header from Watt).

54 minutes ago, ropy said:

I thought the defence and midfield worked reasonably well but the front three didn’t work together.

Amaluzor did nothing specifically but seemed to be causing havoc down the right and drew a few fouls.

I don’t think introducing defender no. 6 and 7 is good for the heart, we were putting Livi under pressure until then.

Would it not be preferable to flood the midfield to create a barrier further out?

Advocating subbing on Robbie Crawford is a bold statement.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Just putting some #respect on it. The equaliser came from a short corner lads (and was actually a smashing header from Watt).

Advocating subbing on Robbie Crawford is a bold statement.

Just bodies, no need to use names.

I am in no way a fan of having team come at our 8 man defence for 12/13 mins. It'd be different if we were good at defending, I canny argue with the results when we do it though. Not very often we have lost a goal when doing it. (I know there is one or two)

Edited by Busta Nut

56 minutes ago, ropy said:

Almost every time, we've done this under Alexander, we end up with no possession and look like we're hanging on for dear life - but I think it's almost always worked. It feels like it's one of these "percentage" things where the other team might do something decent or we might make a huge mistake but most of the time that won't happen in our league.

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The equaliser came from a short corner lads (and was actually a smashing header from Watt).

Funnily enough - I had been saying that the delivery was decent today from the short corners - the main difference that I could see was that we were blocking the Livi keeper every time.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

Almost every time, we've done this under Alexander, we end up with no possession and look like we're hanging on for dear life - but I think it's almost always worked. It feels like it's one of these "percentage" things where the other team might do something decent or we might make a huge mistake but most of the time that won't happen in our league.

Funnily enough - I had been saying that the delivery was decent today from the short corners - the main difference that I could see was that we were blocking the Livi keeper every time.

O’Hara was standing further back which provided more room to get the cross over.

Just got home and saw the score.

Silky football from the dossers on an artificial pitch. God bless the Burnley duo of Alexander and Grimshaw.

Edited by ZX1886