QF - Celtic v Raith Rovers

keyser_soze

Just now, Michael W said:

Getting out without a thumping given we played the last 30mins with ten men is probably an achievement. 

The evening could've been a lot worse. 

Pretty much what I was coming on to say. From 3-0 after 50 minutes and then down to 10 men after 60, that's about as good as it could've been. Take the cash and move on. 

I was close to throwing things at the telly.

Thankfully I opted for Hesgoal and deprived Premier Sports of money.

Utterly obscene for the tournament sponsor to be employing a co-commentator who refers to one of the teams as 'we'.

It would be bad enough if Hartson was remotely capable of saying something remotely interesting and insightful just once, but he's typical of the wooden Old Firm cretins that TV companies delight in inflicting on us.

Alex Rae is another.

I was close to throwing things at the telly.
Thankfully I opted for Hesgoal and deprived Premier Sports of money.
Utterly obscene for the tournament sponsor to be employing a co-commentator who refers to one of the teams as 'we'.
It would be bad enough if Hartson was remotely capable of saying something remotely interesting and insightful just once, but he's typical of the wooden Old Firm cretins that TV companies delight in inflicting on us.
Alex Rae is another.

So fucking true. Thoroughly embarrassing offer of “commentary” from Hartson, barely knew any of our players names’ let alone anything about them. Stole a wage tonight.

They'd never put Hartson on a game that didn't feature Celtic, which speaks volumes. Embarrassingly thick and unashamedly myopic. 

There are summarisers on three or four of the in-house Championship streaming services that offer a more balanced view of games. 

Christ, I'd rather hear more from that slavering c**t Fermer than have to suffer another ninety minutes of Hartson. 

I went with the live option myself as I wanted to get Celtic Park ticked off the list. We didn't embarrass ourselves but at the same time I felt that two of the three goals were very much avoidable. We had a few attacks into the Celtic half but never troubled Joe Hart with anything meaningful. 

While the ground was obviously a top standard, it's fucking brutal watching your team and not being able to shout any encouragement/abuse/awful patter at players. Not that it would have mattered given I was up in the top tier. Special mention for the Celtic fan who was sat next to me who proclaimed, in complete seriousness to his mate, that this game would be our biggest attendance ever and that our away support was awful. 

Sat in amongst the home fans for just over an hour before I called it a day. Absolute non event and probably the most bored I’ve been at a game. Crowd seemed bigger than what was expected. Take the money, move on to Sunday.

37 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I went with the live option myself as I wanted to get Celtic Park ticked off the list. We didn't embarrass ourselves but at the same time I felt that two of the three goals were very much avoidable. We had a few attacks into the Celtic half but never troubled Joe Hart with anything meaningful. 

While the ground was obviously a top standard, it's fucking brutal watching your team and not being able to shout any encouragement/abuse/awful patter at players. Not that it would have mattered given I was up in the top tier. Special mention for the Celtic fan who was sat next to me who proclaimed, in complete seriousness to his mate, that this game would be our biggest attendance ever and that our away support was awful. 

14 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Sat in amongst the home fans for just over an hour before I called it a day. Absolute non event and probably the most bored I’ve been at a game. Crowd seemed bigger than what was expected. Take the money, move on to Sunday.

Fair play to both of you. Not something I could've done. 

Yeah took in the game at parkhead last night, and definitely a bigger crowd than I expected. 

We were never going to trouble Celtic, the first goal was a good pass, slightly poor defending to move out but those are the margins.

Second one of MacDonald had maybe got a stronger hand to it, could have went out for a corner but landed nicely for one of the smallest guys on the park to score a header.

Third goal killed the tie, but it’s poor from us giving the ball away so cheaply. After that, Celtic quite content to play the ball about without much penetration (and rightly so) we played better with 10 men and managed to get ourselves up the park a few times later on, but poor decisions from Tait, and Poppy meant we never could get a shot away. 

Tumilty ran all night long, some engine, and practically playing up front at the end. 😂

It was a decent game which turned with the red card and quick 3rd goal just after halftime. It’s annoying that there could not be a section offered to Raith fans but the match went as you’d expect.

Decent crowd, good chance for a lot of the newer and younger players to gain match time and Jota ran the show on the right wing until he was played later in the 2nd half as a striker, which clearly reduced his impact (and Celtic settled for the 3-0 by this point).

I thought Raith seemed well organised, played some nice touches in possession and bar a couple errors which were factors in the goals, made it a watchable game for at least 75 mins when a host of subs and everyone settled for the result. I wish Raith well in the Championship and wouldn’t mind seeing them back up in the top league. 

9 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Was it this guy you were sitting next to? 😂😂😂 

650FB0BB-7ABF-4083-BF18-60798D67F400.jpeg

I had a chilling realisation at the game last night that the League Cup Final versus Raith was 27 years ago and I was in my mid-20s when I was at that match. The fact is hardly any of the players on the pitch last night were even born when Rovers won the cup freaked me out 😂  (I can only think of Joe Hart off the top of my head).

9 minutes ago, deegee said:

I had a chilling realisation at the game last night that the League Cup Final versus Raith was 27 years ago and I was in my mid-20s when I was at that match. The fact is hardly any of the players on the pitch last night were even born when Rovers won the cup freaked me out 😂  (I can only think of Joe Hart off the top of my head).

Christophe Berra, Kyle Benedictus and Jamie MacDonald will have been born by then. But if you’re just meaning Celtic then fair enough.