Elgin city v forfar athletic

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm

Expecting a tough game this weekend, whenever we have played Elgin in the past they have always impressed me . Looking forward to going back to borough briggs proper football ground

Guest mr_malcolm
Tough game but winnable at home. Forfar appear to have a very experienced squad and I'm a bit concerned that Matthew Aitken will come back to haunt us.

He’s on fire atm to be honest. But then again Hester is finding the net regularly too.

20 minutes ago, mr_malcolm said:

He’s on fire atm to be honest. But then again Hester is finding the net regularly too.

He never looked remotely close to scoring while on loan at us a couple of years ago, then got a double in each game against us for Rovers last season.

We played really well last week but Rothes showed us midweek there is maybe not a lot of strength in depth in the squad. I can’t see Forfar allowing us as much time on the ball in midfield and their defence can’t be as slow on the turn. I’d settle for a draw.

Judging by the pre-match build up on the Forfar website we have no new injuries and Strachan is not listed as injured I'm guessing we'll line up as follows

McCallum

Meechan, Irvine, Munro, Strachan

Thomson, Slater, Thomas, Crossan 

Aitken, Shepherd

I'm going for another 2-0 victory for the Loons. I'd love a Matty brace.

Guest mr_malcolm
Judging by the pre-match build up on the Forfar website we have no new injuries and Strachan is not listed as injured I'm guessing we'll line up as follows
McCallum
Meechan, Irvine, Munro, Strachan
Thomson, Slater, Thomas, Crossan 
Aitken, Shepherd

I'm going for another 2-0 victory for the Loons. I'd love a Matty brace.

Probably our strongest 11 at the moment . Thomson has been a cracking find . Hopefully Travis back in soon for Irvine

17 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

Probably our strongest 11 at the moment . Thomson has been a cracking find . Hopefully Travis back in soon for Irvine

Jim Weir tried to sign Thomson a couple of times for us and is a well known player at our level. I'm surprised Airdrie let him go.

Pretty even game there.

Thought we dominated first half, should of been 2 or 3 up.

however second half was abysmal from us.

sloppy defending allowing Elgin in to score, Gary won’t be pleased with that given he prides himself & the team in defensive areas.

thought there was two shocking challenges, 

Archie Thomas for us, thought he should have been off for his lunge, looked a bad one from where I was standing.

Russell Dingwall’s challenge was another shocker from where I was, think his was maybe more merited to the yellow he received. Just trying to stop Grant Anderson on the break.

Thought the referee was abysmal for both sides.

overall happy with a point at a tough place to go.

onto Stranraer at home next week.

Not a classic. Some talented players on the pitch but none of them really created much. I didn't think many players really stood out for us but the two young defenders look competent enough and I thought Spark was solid. Looking forward to a rare Friday night trip to Edinburgh.