Fermers v Dundee United FC 22/08/21

United deserved the win. They were just better than us in every department today. Not often a team has more energy and press than saints, but utd did. I'm sure there was a bit of a European hangover, but that's not really and excuse for Saints to be honest.

I can only assume Davidson was trying to keep the games coming for the players to keep them on it, but I think it was the wrong call to start so many players that will start on Thursday.

I think Hendry's days are done. He offered nothing and he couldn't be arsed even sticking out a leg when a high, but still decent ball was pinged into him.

Ref had a 'mare though. To be fair to Pawlett, he should never have been booked for his celebration as the other Utd players pushed him into the crowd and I'm not sure there was NO contact from Davidson, but he did make a meal of it.

Probably a game Saints players and fans are glad to be out of the way TBH. Thursday is much bigger, but we will need to up our game regardless of what happens then. Really missed Worherspoon today. 

Biggest compliment I can give Utd was that they were incredibly streetwise today. Took time and players stayed down when they needed it most and knocked the ball around very well. 

37 minutes ago, Sash83 said:

I honestly expected a lot more from saints today, after only making 2 changes to a good side. Utd played well and good to see us attacking for a change. Decent crowd but again expected a bit more saints fans to be in attendance. Didnt think we would have 2 wins from 3 when fixtures came out. Well done united today, good away win

Yes fairly poor on both counts from us today.

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Even though we pumped you today, id like to offer my best wishes for Thursday. Good luck ye tractor driving c***s

f**k the Fermers.

'Mon the

1200px-LASK_logo_svg.thumb.png.482a297a29c578a6ea60f771488ae8ae.png

Actually, I hope the teuchter fuds do well and win. If any team in the league deserve to do well, its them. Very well run club both on and off the park. And very charitable going by their performance today.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The few Saints fans singling out Callum Hendry today for his poor 20 minute subs appearance did see the preceding 70 minutes from £3k a week Stevie May, aye?

May has been poor for ages too, but at least he puts effort in. Never been the same player since injury. Hendry is lazy and looks like he couldn't give a toss. I can accept poor performances, but not players not putting in the effort.

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

Didn't rate a player that scored 27 goals in a season, especially for a team like St Johnstone. 

Definitely only there for the blue popcorn and Dotty Bars.

Hard to argue with any such current assessment though. 

Nae idea what the popcorn and "Dotty Bars" reference is, sorry. Just checked his record there. After that single good season he had at Saints he appears to have scored 32 goals in 7 years. Oooft. Still getting paid though and better than sweeping the floor in an abattoir so fair play to him.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Nae idea what the popcorn and "Dotty Bars" reference is, sorry. Just checked his record there. After that single good season he had at Saints he appears to have scored 32 goals in 7 years. Oooft. Still getting paid though and better than sweeping the floor in an abattoir so fair play to him.

TBF he missed a couple of years due to his knees exploding, and then had to suffer a few years of Derek McInnes playing him as a left wing back.

He'll never be what he was, and now seems confused about what hes trying to be. Don't think he fits the shape we play at all, hes not got the legs to play wide, or the strength to play as the main striker.

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Moving to Preston seemed to be the worst decision he could’ve made.

Decent money but dumped after a season with less than 10 appearances.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you that's some real revisionism. 

We'll never know how his move to Preston would have gone if he hadnt got a horrible injury in one of his first games. 

May's first season at Wednesday was fine (and he was capped by Scotland) but Carvalhal just never fancied him at all - much like situation with Matty Kennedy currently at Aberdeen - which happens. 

He'd only played 8 games at Preston when he literally tore every ligament in his knee. And you have what you see now. 

34 minutes ago, Radford said:

May's first season at Wednesday was fine (and he was capped by Scotland) but Carvalhal just never fancied him at all - much like situation with Matty Kennedy currently at Aberdeen - which happens. 

He'd only played 8 games at Preston when he literally tore every ligament in his knee. And you have what you see now. 

I'm just surprised he could play any sport at any level after what happened

IMG_20180726_223510.jpg.f202ae21ed90a51a7abd52c1f8f1e8e8.jpg

IMG_20180726_223519.thumb.jpg.79d4c989b40dc4b825a09d521004c63e.jpg

We all said if he needed time to rebuild his career he'd get that at Saints, has that time now expired?

Have Saints outgrown him or is it just that he's neding to find his level again? I think it may be a bit of both. He doesn't represent good value for Saints, that can't go on but neither did Kane for so many years and it's worked out semi ok.