Fermers v Dundee United FC 22/08/21

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Which brings us into, what actually constitutes a decent life?

For years i would've said reproduction but with us fucking the planet I'm not so sure. Your sole purpose is to reproduce, although having seen a wee bit of how we have evolved, it's planted that seed of doubt. Materialistic shite means f**k all, memories are to be cherished but by only a few generations. f**k knows lads, f**k knows. All I know is I've made a dent in the reproduction side of things so if you want to blame c***s for the state of the planet, blame me. Peace be with you brothers.

From your perspective, shagging like a machine and a few mad nights out each month!?

49 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

For years i would've said reproduction but with us fucking the planet I'm not so sure. Your sole purpose is to reproduce, although having seen a wee bit of how we have evolved, it's planted that seed of doubt. Materialistic shite means f**k all, memories are to be cherished but by only a few generations. f**k knows lads, f**k knows. All I know is I've made a dent in the reproduction side of things so if you want to blame c***s for the state of the planet, blame me. Peace be with you brothers.

Sorry to hear about the existential crisis, Tam - you can get through this. 

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Wouldn't it have made far more sense for him to be playing in the role of the forward behind the front two yesterday?  Middleton looked lost in there and had one of his poorest games, whereas I think May might have made better use of that space whilst Middleton's pace was better used to get on flick ons by Rooney and Kane and to give a threat in behind.

Said this yesterday. Middleton needs to play wide but I'm sure that May could play behind a front 2. Problem is against United he'd have had Levitt and Fuchs to deal with and think he'd have struggled. Fuchs was especially impressive IMO. 

Playing him a wee bit deeper would also help the fact that he can't win anything in the air. 

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The most important result of this game was the 'We hate Dundee more than you.' Round.

Who won?

I genuinely don't think that was sung at all by either set of fans tbh.

3 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Correct, was about 2,600 United supporters

Yeah, that's about right. North holds 1,900 and that full bit of main is 900, but section reduced a bit.

Which would mean just 3k saints fans, which for me wasn't the case. We have over 2,700 season ticket holders, so that would assume there were essentially no extra fans.

Been to enough games at McDiarmid over the last 30 years to get a sense of size of home crowd and that was not just 3k.

No idea why they would announce lower though.

Still though good atmosphere.

Out of interest though, given saints get a hard time over poor crowds, what sort of crowd should saints be getting? What should Utd be getting? 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Seeing your team in the final of a European competition.

41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The most important result of this game was the 'We hate Dundee more than you.' Round.

Who won?

Me.  I wasn’t at the game but I sang it 14 times whilst watching it on my iPad.  I finally stopped under threat of violence from my wife.

Be happy and do no harm. I'm at that point, and that's enough for me.

5 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Said this yesterday. Middleton needs to play wide but I'm sure that May could play behind a front 2. Problem is against United he'd have had Levitt and Fuchs to deal with and think he'd have struggled. Fuchs was especially impressive IMO. 

Playing him a wee bit deeper would also help the fact that he can't win anything in the air. 

Agree, thought Fuchs was very good. Exactly what you want from a defensive central midfielder; hard and combatative, always appears in the right area to close down and keeps possession when he wins it back.  Wonder if we should consider going for him if McCann did move on.

Thought he got the better of a tired McCann, which is very rare since Station Park.  Davidson was decent again.

7 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Did u source some of them ganesh's going about aye?