Fermers v Dundee United FC 22/08/21

Could feel the United goal coming from half time and it became an uphill battle.

Need to wake up soon up front, everyone can see Hendry isn’t the answer but it feels like we’re sticking by until we get Eetu through, which at this rate will be just before the split.

Pawlett being a complete tube and diving after being booked amused me though.

Always start slow so alarm bells aren’t ringing, but could do with a win next Sunday regardless what happens on Thursday.

20 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Guess May and Henry wouldn't be playing if the work permit for Fin was through.

I'm all for the optimism that Eetu will be brilliant, but to suggest he plays in place of two players is a hope too far

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play to Courts, he seems to get a tune out of that team every other week. Certainly not worth the scenes of panic leading up to his hiring.

Think a lot of United fans were just absolutely done with Asghar and saw hiring Courts as the last straw. I thought Micky Mellon was a fucking awful manager so I wasn't against trying something new but I won't lie and say I was 100% in favour of it.

29 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Hindsight all well and good but playing that team for that result makes absolutely zero sense. 

Exactly this.

If you are gonna play that team today, you needed to get a result out of it.

Instead, what we've achieved is no points and tired legs for what is a far more important match on Thursday.

We didn't deserve anything from the game and it was a good away showing from United. Front players in particular looked sharp. Sharp not being a word you can use to describe Peter Pawlett's brain capacity though!

Maybe we lose that game by two or three if we'd made a couple more changes but I think the manager gets less criticism for that.

If we look leggy on Thursday, it'll be such a frustration and disappointment.

I honestly expected a lot more from saints today, after only making 2 changes to a good side. Utd played well and good to see us attacking for a change. Decent crowd but again expected a bit more saints fans to be in attendance. Didnt think we would have 2 wins from 3 when fixtures came out. Well done united today, good away win

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fair play to Courts, he seems to get a tune out of that team every other week. Certainly not worth the scenes of panic leading up to his hiring.

Yes they seem to up their game against the big teams in the league so Dundee should manage to get a result against them.