Fermers v Dundee United FC 22/08/21

17 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Get the f**k up Carson. Pathetic. 

But also probably what most keepers would do

Pretty standard. If you’re stupid enough to leave one on a keeper, they’re as entitled as any c**t to milk it for all it’s worth.

Even with ten men it never looked like the Johnnies would ever score.

Pawlett should’ve been subbied the second after he got away with that lunging foul - boy’s done well recently, but clearly an idiot!

Utd looked as good with 10 as they did with 11, which is a sad indictment of our performance.

Hendry is awful, the only positive I can come up with is that I noticed him being on the pitch. May on the other hand was invisible, so you could argue was even more useless. 

If this is how we're going to play between European games, then the possible £3m boon will be mainly be useful to balance the books in the championship next season. 

1 minute ago, Meldrew said:

how did young levitt look ?

Fine. Nothing special but then whenever he was asking for the ball from the defenders they seemed reluctant to give it. Styles colliding for now perhaps.

Not sure what the plan was today.

We neither rested players for Thursday, nor got a point. Didn't feel like there was any plan at all bar launching long balls at Rooney and then hoping something came from it, somehow.

Front three was just a complete mess where nobody seemed overly sure what they were meant to be doing off the ball.

Forget about it and move on I guess, but our home form continues to be dreadful under Davidson.

9 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Pretty standard. If you’re stupid enough to leave one on a keeper, they’re as entitled as any c**t to milk it for all it’s worth.

Even with ten men it never looked like the Johnnies would ever score.

Yeah this, no problem with United time wasting. Today's performance after the red from us just totally crazy, no control of the ball, no calmness. Just pump the ball long to nobody then charge into the back of someone and let them buy time.

Honestly done with McCart on the ball, so many times he has 10+ yards to drive into but instead pumps the long diagonal towards Rooney for the millionth time instead.

4 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Fine. Nothing special but then whenever he was asking for the ball from the defenders they seemed reluctant to give it. Styles colliding for now perhaps.

1st game though, and at least he was asking for it

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Hindsight all well and good but playing that team for that result makes absolutely zero sense. 

It's mad. Could maybe have been better if we'd played May and Middleton wide of Kane, but instead we had Middleton sitting deep and the two strikers sprinting between CBs and FBs, then wonder why they're completely fucked when they get the ball/out of position when we win it back.

Deserved win for Utd today who were better than expected, though still a team we should be beating.

I get that in the grand scheme of things this game isn’t that big a deal for us, but still hugely frustrating.  We looked so uncreative its frightening.

It’s rare a team plays with more energy than us, but felt that was the case.

Understandable after Thursday might maybe, but that’s down to the manager to make the changes.

Probably Callum Davidson’s worst game for 8 months. The three up front were giving us nothing yet we stuck with it. A Utd goal looked inevitable long before it eventually came. Liam Craig in to sit in front of the defence to get us on the ball more looked an obvious change.

Many starters for Thursday played full games. So no rest and 0 points, a fairly pointless day all round for Saints.

Still, onto Thursday. Go through and this game will be long forgotten I suppose.

Hope folk are in the ground already, not sure I'll see kick off as I'm not leaving for another 10 minutes [emoji23]

Was down before the turnstiles opened and the 2 stewards were already on a power trip. Hope the company gets fucking binned with the way they were shouting at people.