Fermers v Dundee United FC 22/08/21

Proper minter for United if they don't win this game. I doubt we'll have ever played a game we're less arsed about in our history and it'll show.

Everything will be geared towards Thursday night.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Proper minter for United if they don't win this game. I doubt we'll have ever played a game we're less arsed about in our history and it'll show.

Great result last night, but sh*te excuse if you get beat on sunday, as for the minter part, that bits funny

Alright lads, think we’re a bit preoccupied. Look we’ll leave the keys under Geoffs car, let yourselves in, enjoy a kick about. Just lock the door behind yourselves okay.

As with the Motherwell game, your season isn't defined by results in August. We played well against the Steelmen though, so hopefully, whatever side is put out, can produce a performance against United to take us into Thursday. Certainly not going to get caught up in how many points we take though. 

Put out the team that best prepares the group for Thursday. 

On Danny Griffin, I know the United fans never saw the best of him. For me, he's still arguably the best young player we've produced but that sliding doors moment of turning down Derby County will always be there. They go and sign Christian Dailly instead (for less money) and you see the career he went on to have. 

Griffin stayed at Saints too long, players with that talent need to move when they outgrow the club, McCann is nearing the same stage now. 

Griffin was in a different league to Kerr, Gordon and McCart for example. Injuries then played a part and the poor management of him by Sandy Clark.

Edited by Radford

2 hours ago, Sash83 said:

Great result last night, but sh*te excuse if you get beat on sunday, as for the minter part, that bits funny

No excuses here. The past two Sunday games have shown we're prioritising the Euro games. 

Add in we've played Thurs-Sun for the past 3 weeks, played 120 minutes last Sunday, and probably only arrived back in Scotland this morning, and it's quite clear we'll have a massively rotated side for this.

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

As with the Motherwell game, your season isn't defined by results in August. We played well against the Steelmen though, so hopefully, whatever side is put out, can produce a performance against United to take us into Thursday. Certainly not going to get caught up in how many points we take though. 

Put out the team that best prepares the group for Thursday. 

On Danny Griffin, I know the United fans never saw the best of him. For me, he's still arguably the best young player we've produced but that sliding doors moment of turning down Derby County will always be there. They go and sign Christian Dailly instead (for less money) and you see the career he went on to have. 

Griffin stayed at Saints too long, players with that talent need to move when they outgrow the club, McCann is nearing the same stage now. 

Griffin was in a different league to Kerr, Gordon and McCart for example. Injuries then played a part and the poor management of him by Sandy Clark.

He stayed for love though.

True love is priceless.

1 hour ago, Sash83 said:

Away end now sold out

For all Utd fans still interested in attending, the Ormond Stand is usually a mixed family stand and will still have plenty of seats available. @perthsaint1977 can confirm whether it is mixed for this match?

From Saints’ site:-

Ormond (Family Stand): Tickets for this stand must be bought via the ticket office. Please contact 01738 455000.

Adult + 2 x U12s- £17

Additional adult- £17

Concessions- £14

Come on Arabs, dig deep. Those European quality signings are not going to pay for themselves.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

For all Utd fans still interested in attending, the Ormond Stand is usually a mixed family stand and will still have plenty of seats available. @perthsaint1977 can confirm whether it is mixed for this match?

From Saints’ site:-

Ormond (Family Stand): Tickets for this stand must be bought via the ticket office. Please contact 01738 455000.

Adult + 2 x U12s- £17

Additional adult- £17

Concessions- £14

Come on Arabs, dig deep. Those European quality signings are not going to pay for themselves.

sorry no idea

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Have St Johnstone even won a game yet this season?

A draw and a pumping against a team who were good decades ago and they think they are erchie.

Well, let's see if they are still crowing after they get a draw off a team who were good decades ago on Sunday. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It’s always a minter getting beat by the Johnnies, tbf.

8 hours ago, Radford said:

Dailly didn't have a better career because he signed for Derby - he was just a better player.