Alloa vs Queen's Park

10 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bought a ticket tonight but no e ticket received. Would I just present the order confirmation at the turnstile?

Aye we're not doing E-ticket you'll have a physical ticket in an envelope at the turnstile.

2 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Missing today unfortunately, hopefully there’s some sort of response from last weeks performance. Would probably bite your hand off for a point to be honest. 

I'd be happy enough with the team being set up in a way that suits their talents and a solid performance. Something like the team that finished the game last week would be a good place to start. 

That's a decent point in the end. The starting formation and team was indeed better with a return to a proven shape that suited the personnel. Players who have struggled on the bench. Still one strange call for me in moving Taggart to the left when he has been one of our best players on the right and this certainly reduced his threat. But one strange call isn't bad going. 

We were doing fine and settling well until the red card. Don't think Howie could have any real complaints. I did feel we went too defensive after that, albeit QP still weren't offering much threat. Would need to see it again but looked like Hutton should have claimed the cross when the goal did arrive. Obviously we went a bit more attacking after that and it was very open. We could have been out of it before Boyd popped in a great free kick. Couple of close things after that for QP and indeed for us. 

Once again we are left hoping that the manager can build on the positives. The starting shape was good. Niang looks like a good option for DM. We battled for a point in adversity. I wonder did the last 20 or so also show we were better without Sammon at the top. But crucial to build on the good things today. Don't need another raft of changes for the next game. 

Have to say I expected more from QP given the money they have spent. Up aainst an Alloa side with a number of issues and down to 10 men for an hour but they didn't really impress. 

Edited by Waspie

5 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Have to say I expected more from QP given the money they have spent. Up aainst an Alloa side with a number of issues and down to 10 men for an hour but they didn't really impress. 

This

I thought we were quite poor today. If Murray hadn’t miscontrolled that pass back we would have probably won but we were sloppy in possession at times and too reliant on a “give the ball to Liam Brown” tactic to try and create.

Could see an equaliser coming.

When Bob Mchugh is the first option off the bench then it is clear we could use another attacking option 

26 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I wonder did the last 20 or so also show we were better without Sammon at the top.

Looked like it to me too

but good point earned that after the sending off i didn't expect

How did Steven Boyd get that ball over the line ? it seemed to hit the front of the bar then take a serious spin to just make it 

Taggs looked like he got strapped up with ice hope he is ok for next game.

better than the clyde game for sure  but can we improve on our away form ? .

32 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

In the present circumstances I'm happy with a point especially with 10 men. Expected more from Queens but am certain they will be there or about it come May. 

We are crying out for a striker!

Yes I thought they looked more dangerous when sammon got taken off and boyd went up front , sammon offers very little for me, I can't work out how he likes the ball too him, its certainly not in the air as he wins very little for a big guy , a good point though with being down to 10 men which I think was deserved, you can't go into tackles like that when you're sitting on a yellow card. 

The goalkeeper was totally at fault for the queens goal ,so  does he have a goalkeeping choice to make,