Jump to content

Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Anyone know what the ref and the lino were in deep discussion about in the first half before speaking to the stenny bench

Booked Stephen Swift who must have said something .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, wulliemc said:

Anyone know what the ref and the lino were in deep discussion about in the first half before speaking to the stenny bench

An issue with Corbett's number not matching what the referee was given, I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/08/2021 at 15:10, Neilly said:

All those mentioned are open apart from the Wee Bar but I had heard at the weekend it will be open for this game although I would imagine stay tuned on that one.

As for us if we can't beat Cowden at home then I'll be looking out my yokel passport for Dalbeattie next season.

Hopefully Ross Lyon is back as I don't want to see Reid at right back ever again. Cammy Graham is now at the stage he must start and be given a run in the team like others have had who are producing nothing. 

Set for next season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably the best we have played all season in passages but where oh where is the cutting edge.  Interesting in the after-match interview that Darren Christie thinks we are going to give someone a doing, personally I will settle for a couple of wins.  You look at the moment and wonder where they are going to come from.

We should have started with 2 up front yesterday and, given Cowden's issues in the past week or so and lack of subs, we should have given them a troublesome day playing fast high tempo football to tire them out. There were a few plus points for us in terms of performance but this was a poor Cowden team. Bobby Barr has lost his pace and obviously a few were out of position to make up the numbers.

Special praise goes to referee Roncone - he really is the C***s C**t.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The referee really was an absolute embarrassment. How many times did he speak to the benches? 

It's lower league football I'm sure there will be a few expletives from time to time but get on with the game and stop making it about yourself please ref. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The referee really was an absolute embarrassment. How many times did he speak to the benches? 

It's lower league football I'm sure there will be a few expletives from time to time but get on with the game and stop making it about yourself please ref. 

I did find it strange. Gary B would have lasted about ten minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

I did find it strange. Gary B would have lasted about ten minutes.

"Away and take your face for a shite" - I don't think Swifty or the Cowden kitman were nearly as inventive as Gary B.  Swifty is still learning if he only gets a yellow card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fourth league game on the trot where we should have taken more from the game than we did. The obvious issue though is that we are in a rut and are incapable of killing teams off. Like the players I am still confident they will turn it around and once they get one win, things will improve, but there remains the nagging doubt of “what if…”

As for yesterday, the first goal should really have been our 2nd or 3rd; the icing on the cake for a comfortable win. But at 1-0 you fear the worst and sure enough. For me the goalie is just not good enough. He doesn’t make saves. The goals aren’t his fault, but like the games before, it isn’t proving too difficult for the opposition to score. Get it on target and it will go in. I presume he is just holding the jersey while we await the return of Graeme Smith, but it is a risky strategy given how long he has been out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Fourth league game on the trot where we should have taken more from the game than we did. The obvious issue though is that we are in a rut and are incapable of killing teams off. Like the players I am still confident they will turn it around and once they get one win, things will improve, but there remains the nagging doubt of “what if…”

As for yesterday, the first goal should really have been our 2nd or 3rd; the icing on the cake for a comfortable win. But at 1-0 you fear the worst and sure enough. For me the goalie is just not good enough. He doesn’t make saves. The goals aren’t his fault, but like the games before, it isn’t proving too difficult for the opposition to score. Get it on target and it will go in. I presume he is just holding the jersey while we await the return of Graeme Smith, but it is a risky strategy given how long he has been out.

Watching a different game from me. Can't remember Cowden keeper making too many saves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

I see Quinn Coulson got tossed into the deep end, how did he do?

I thought he did well. DIdn't shy away and was looking for the ball.

Think Ross Clarke and Ross Pollock both had good games as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Coulson started brightly but got booted a few times both on and off the ball and was quieter thereafter. Kept going though. Craig Thomson forced to play at centre back was outstanding what a good signing he looks. Sadly can't say the same for Bobby Barr a lot of shouting and pointing and not much else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched this game on the stream and well done to the lads who commentate. Was decent compared to others.. No quite as good as BBTV Commentary though.....😜

In regards to the game. Stenny were absolute bang average and I expected more from them. Cowden did ok and I have seen us play better but the overall performance from us with all things considered this week was good. 

Thomson has played twice now at centre half (away to alloa and away to stenny) and both games been our MOTM. He is lost at left back when we play him there.

Good goal from Renton but overall I feel a bit gutted as I genuinely believe Stenny were poor and overall if our full squad is there we are a better side than them. The ref was pretty poor. Should have booked renton for sure and then should have booked left back (coll?) for a foul on renton then decides to book clarke twice for similar offences (the 2nd one especially) he was poor and didnt handle the game well and it wasnt a particularly hard game to manage.

All the positives go towards Cowden for me and if Stenny fans are saying thats their best performance of the season I dread to think what they have been watching.

Good spirit within this cowden side with each player knowing their role. Heard a couple of moans about Bobby Barr not showing much and to a degree I agree however he is what I would call now a defensive wide player in that he is there to to occupy people and stop opposition by helping his left back etc. This cant go unnoticed. Its fine when we take positive results but he would become a scapegoat if results dont go our way. He has lost his pace or little turn but his experience and general positioning is good.

Onto the next game and heres hoping more of the squad back. No doubt we lack another centre midfielder and I think this is where the clubs next signing should lie.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Watched this game on the stream and well done to the lads who commentate. Was decent compared to others.. No quite as good as BBTV Commentary though.....😜

In regards to the game. Stenny were absolute bang average and I expected more from them. Cowden did ok and I have seen us play better but the overall performance from us with all things considered this week was good. 

Thomson has played twice now at centre half (away to alloa and away to stenny) and both games been our MOTM. He is lost at left back when we play him there.

Good goal from Renton but overall I feel a bit gutted as I genuinely believe Stenny were poor and overall if our full squad is there we are a better side than them. The ref was pretty poor. Should have booked renton for sure and then should have booked left back (coll?) for a foul on renton then decides to book clarke twice for similar offences (the 2nd one especially) he was poor and didnt handle the game well and it wasnt a particularly hard game to manage.

All the positives go towards Cowden for me and if Stenny fans are saying thats their best performance of the season I dread to think what they have been watching.

Good spirit within this cowden side with each player knowing their role. Heard a couple of moans about Bobby Barr not showing much and to a degree I agree however he is what I would call now a defensive wide player in that he is there to to occupy people and stop opposition by helping his left back etc. This cant go unnoticed. Its fine when we take positive results but he would become a scapegoat if results dont go our way. He has lost his pace or little turn but his experience and general positioning is good.

Onto the next game and heres hoping more of the squad back. No doubt we lack another centre midfielder and I think this is where the clubs next signing should lie.

 

Morrison badly missed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So another vexation

As I  understand our senior kit manager  who was give on site control on Saturdays match due to the lack of avaulabilyity of our backroom staff through Covid issues was issued a red card for celebrating our equalised with a degree of gusto. Not being present I cannot comment on to what level that extended.

My thought are however we are operating in exceptional circumstances asking people to go above and beyond to enable fixtures to be fulfilled. For the sake of clarity I am making no comment on the referees validity for aking the  decission to isssue Robert with the Red Card especially given not there.

Rather do we need to adapt flex and coach those who are and may in future find themeselesves in alien territory  based on the knowledge we have. It is easy punishish the ill informed.

Finally to reafirm my comments are a neutral generalistion as a fan

 

 

Edited by Blue Oktober
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...