Stenhousemuir -vs- Cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, vince sinclair said:

Can mind leaving the Shire after midweek draw thinking that was it.  Then winning on the Sat at Stenny.  Davey Hay pulling off big save near the end from some mincer (Mercer perhaps?) and we got the 2-1 victory.  Had we won at Shire and only drew on the Sat here am i right in saying we wouldn't have won the league?  What a season. 

I remember that match - the first and only time I've cried after a football game! Big Slim put us ahead not long before the interval but Dougie Hill equalised with a shot from the edge of the area after we failed to clear a corner. Liam Buchanan netted almost immediately after the restart and Cowden on to pummel us. It was 2-1 going on 12-1. Big Slim missed fluffed a chance at the death and that was that.

We went on to lose at Berwick Rangers and at home to Queen's Park, Colin Cramb was expelled from the club, Greig Denham complained about his manager and team-mates to the tabloids, and everything fell apart. Our highest-ever points total but nothing to show for it. What a season indeed!

2 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Colin Cramb was expelled from the club

What did Colin Cramb do to get kicked out? 

He was a great finisher for our level.  In fact I just looked up his record and see he scored 16 goals in 27 apprearances for Stenhousemuir, that's some going.

53 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

What did Colin Cramb do to get kicked out? 

He was a great finisher for our level.  In fact I just looked up his record and see he scored 16 goals in 27 apprearances for Stenhousemuir, that's some going.

Towards the tail end of the 2005/06 season, when Stenhousemuir's title bid was beginning to falter, Colin Cramb kept going down with a phantom hamstring injury. In the aforementioned game at Berwick Rangers, a must-win tie for the Warriors, he was substituted towards the end of the first half with his usual niggle but instead of watching the rest of the game from the stand, he nipped across to the social club to watch the Grand National. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for the manager, Des McKeown, and Cramb was told to stay away from the club. Stenny lost the match 3-0.

He was a tremendous forward and a great player for Stenny (who could forget his volley in the Scottish Cup tie against the Shire!) but he was hard to handle. He joined Stirling Albion in the Second Division and became the first (and only?) player to have starred in every senior league in Scotland and England.

37 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

occasionally questionable attitude.

Played for something like 18 clubs in his career which probably speaks volumes for a problem somewhere.  Great finisher but probably flawed. Heard his departure from the Shire was not particularly good, Shire fans can probably fill in the story.

When he was with us McGrillen and him were scoring for fun as was Mercer. As alluded to by FF it all turned to ratshit at the end something I will never forgive a couple of people for doing to the club.

looking forward to a wee journey to stenny for some pre match pints and stenny soup. Come 3pm don’t know what to expect hearing we have a squad of 14 available players and bollan and easton won’t be in attendance either. If thats the case then i’m sure this below average stenny side will beat us but if we are full strength then hard to see anything but an away win.

14 hours ago, Neilly said:

I remember those tears when Andy Brand smacked home the winning penalty and that's all that matters. We know that hurt them to their core and no title win will ever remove that hurt for them, nevermind the halycon days of 1924/25 and that 5th place top flight finish.🤣

Only two more sleeps until we send them back over the road without breaking sweat in what will be a comfortable home win. There will be BOLLAN OUT cries as always from the gargoyles whenever they lose one game. An emotional bunch.

See you all in the Wee Bar guys.

🤣

this absolute tosh sounds familiar. Only this summer were the stenny fans not creaming themselves over Swift and his raft of signings from no mans land. 
‘A team to watch this season’

🤣

Better dust those Stirlingshire cups, been a while.

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Still commenting and seething emoji23.png what a mob.

Looking forward to this win on Sat very much

You might like to have a wee word with FF and Neilly who have been there and done that with the Blue Brazil. They can tell you about Dubya, some members of the Akabusi Loyal and other Stenny fans  who failed to show even a modicum of respect.

For what its worth, Cowden to win 2 - 0 with Renton and Bucks scoring two each.

11 hours ago, big al said:

🤣

this absolute tosh sounds familiar. Only this summer were the stenny fans not creaming themselves over Swift and his raft of signings from no mans land. 
‘A team to watch this season’

🤣

Better dust those Stirlingshire cups, been a while.

There he is. I've been expecting you. Just need Ehburdeen Cowden for the full house.

bingo-tv-shows-1.jpg

If rumours are true that we only have 14 available players then would take a point right now. Really depend on who the absentees are but best wishes to those who are Covid positive.

Probably means that they will be out for 2 or 3 weeks minimum. A difficult spell ahead !

22 hours ago, Neilly said:

What's the script with Cowden anyway? Have they trained at all before the game or is it just straight into it?

Not trained 

players missing and manager 

If you can’t beat Cowden today then best to pack it in altogether.