Dumbarton vs Cove Rangers

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not sure we did give them all that much time on the ball, they had 52% possession. I thought in the 2nd half we had a lot more of the ball than they did.

I was meaning the actual time each player had on the ball to do something, they were rarely pressed in thr first half. I agree we had more of the ball in the second half but never done enough with it for me. 

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I was meaning the actual time each player had on the ball to do something, they were rarely pressed in thr first half. I agree we had more of the ball in the second half but never done enough with it for me. 

I agree, the first half especially we seemed to have lots of time on the ball without being pressed. It allowed us to grow into the game, be comfortable and pick some passes. Was shocked when I checked half time stats on BBC sport website and it showed we only marginally had more possession (55-45).

Second half the Sons played with higher energy, probably after a rollicking from Faz, and definitely took more control. The free kick gave belief. Set plays looked like the way the equaliser was going to come from. Was corner after corner at times.

Although we have won the last 2 and scored 8, I don't think we looked brilliant either. We're missing someone that wants to a commit their man and be direct to open up space. Missed Fyvie in the middle and Shay Logan at RB; latter meant Morgyn Neill played at CB looked shaky. Sons were targeting him as a weakeness from what I could see. He was lagging at times and we would have been stronger with Scott Ross in that position. Jamie Masson replacing Robbie Leitch will be an improvement for us too.

Even with all that we need a couple of loans to push a title challenge.