Dumbarton vs Cove Rangers

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Talking to myself here but Syvertsen, Erskine and Evan Maley are all out with doubts over Geggan, Pignatiello and fucking Joe McKee. Could perhaps see Paton making his debut here and if McKee is out I hope he starts Wilson in that role. 

TBH I wouldn't be upset seeing McKee on the bench. Wilson deserves a shot and Joe wasn't particularly good last Saturday. I'd hope to see is with Muir and Lynch as the 2 fullbacks.

5 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Swap Gourlay with McKenzie and I’d say that’s our best team 

Agreed. It pains me to see Gourlay playing and Stuart warming the bench. Masson might start on the bench do you reckon?

I still think our midfield is lacking something. I'd have Fyvie in there ahead of Vigurs who is prone to giving it away cheaply at times.

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

TBH I wouldn't be upset seeing McKee on the bench. Wilson deserves a shot and Joe wasn't particularly good last Saturday. I'd hope to see is with Muir and Lynch as the 2 fullbacks.

If McKee is fully fit he’s the first name on the team sheet for me, regardless of not playing well last week. He turned in a superb performance against Clyde and last Saturday there weren’t many Sons players who got pass marks so I’m willing to cut him a bit of slack for that. If we’re dropping anyone it should be Hopkirk who has yet to really impress me in any of our games so far.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ramsbottom

Lynch McGeever Buchanan Muir

Paton Carswell

Duthie Wilson Maclean

Orsi/Schiavone

If McKee is indeed a doubt/not fully fit I’d be tempted to go with this but have Boyle in place of Muir. I think Muir has potential but he struggles positionally and I think Logan and Yule would have an absolute field day against him. Boyle wasn’t particularly great last Saturday but he’s more solid than young Muir and in fairness to him he’s still getting up to speed after missing all of pre season. 

We have plenty of pace in the form of our attack minded midfielders so if I was Faz I’d be setting us up to keep it tight and catch Cove on the break. Both wide men are going to need to be prepared to work hard supporting the full backs because Cove have some serious firepower in the shape of Yule, Mitch, McAllister and Masson. 

Tomorrow is going to be another tough one, I’m not entirely confident in our chances but I’m hopeful that if everything clicks we can get a result. I’d be happy with a draw.

Cove start like this today. Morgyn gets a game against the Sons as Shay Logan is not in the squad.

Masson not quite fit enough so starts on the bench with Leitch getting the LW position. I'd rather have had Leighton McIntosh.

Reckon this could be a tight game. Doubt we'll keep a clean sheet. 

Screenshot_20210821-141025.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

10 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Cove really playing Neil at right back? McLean needs to target him from the start. Run at him and he'll give up a load of fouls.

Neil with Strachan at CB. I'd be having heart palpitations with Morgyn up against any winger! Scott Ross at RB

Dreadful defending for both goals. The left hand side there for the second one we really need to be challenging for the ball. The goalkeeper position is all wrong. 

The first goal is horrific defending, just standing still letting them play right through us. 

We are awful.

Quality goal from Mitch but incredibly lucky by Leitch with a 'header' that actually came off his shoulder or even back.

Game not over. We haven't kept a clean in the last 7.

Sons need to press a bit higher. Cove getting too much time in their own half / centre of the park

28 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Anybody from the club able to sort out streaming issues? It's saying I need to buy the stream this week despite me being a season ticket holder and having watched a match successfully previously.

You're best not watching this horror show

On 18/08/2021 at 14:43, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

This Saturday will be the first Sons game I have attended for 1 year 5 months and 24 days! Am I buzzing at the prospect of having a few beers and watching Mitch Megginson sword us on our own tattie field? Of course I fucking am.

Absolutely hate being back at the fitba tbh.

6 minutes ago, the snudge said:

This is much better in the second half. Like a totally different side. We'll equalise if we keep this up

So many corners for the Sons second half. Feel a goal is coming right enough.

Hartley needs to make a change. We're getting over run in midfield. Masson for Leitch and needs to be soon.