Falkirk vs Goodwillie

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not so much wanting him back I just feel he's a far better footballer than miller still.

Apples and oranges really, would you have gomis fill in at right back? Neither of them would get a game in the middle now with the options we have - nesbitt, telfer, Ross, hetherington, krasniqi. Therefore I would rather have Miller as a squad player as he is far more versatile. 

Dumbarton pissed all over us & Montrose were far superior

Allloa were unlucky and yesterday "again" was like watching opposition from a higher league

Said it last week and previously. Every single time they had the ball not a clyde player within 5 yards, closing down or putting them under pressure. Strange tactic and only matter of time before we conceeded yesterday

Never have i ever felt so deflated after only 4 games in 35year o watching my lot H&A and sadly i think its time for change before teams below us do the same

That free kick for the first goal is an absolutely laughable decision. Worse than I remember at the time.
Our defending for every goal though [emoji38] Fucking pub stuff.

It was a body check mate, fairly clear at the game & on the highlights.[emoji2371]

42 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

That free kick for the first goal is an absolutely laughable decision. Worse than I remember at the time.

Our defending for every goal though :lol: Fucking pub stuff.

Yeah, I have no idea what he has seen there, probably just assuming Nicoll must have been late because he usually is. The irony is that Nicoll would quite happily have avoided a booking and had us defending a free kick there if offered.

Someone send footage of the penalty to Lennon in case he's too busy watching our glorious clean sheet at Forfar. It might not be too late for Rumsby to get that promotion at his day job.

It also wouldn't hurt Mitchell to save a penalty in a match at some point. He goes the wrong way nearly every time as well.

27 minutes ago, David W said:

It also wouldn't hurt Mitchell to save a penalty in a match at some point. He goes the wrong way nearly every time as well.

I have thought this a few times myself. As a former goalie (at boys club football) I’m fairly reluctant to put too much blame on goalkeepers, particularly when it comes to saving penalties. However, neither Mitchell, or his predecessor, have looked even remotely close to saving one during a game!

When was our last penalty save during a match? The last one that springs to my mind was Marc Waters vs Elgin in 2016.

1 hour ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Dumbarton pissed all over us & Montrose were far superior

Allloa were unlucky and yesterday "again" was like watching opposition from a higher league

Said it last week and previously. Every single time they had the ball not a clyde player within 5 yards, closing down or putting them under pressure. Strange tactic and only matter of time before we conceeded yesterday

Never have i ever felt so deflated after only 4 games in 35year o watching my lot H&A and sadly i think its time for change before teams below us do the same

Can’t disagree with any of the above

11 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I have thought this a few times myself. As a former goalie (at boys club football) I’m fairly reluctant to put too much blame on goalkeepers, particularly when it comes to saving penalties. However, neither Mitchell, or his predecessor, have looked even remotely close to saving one during a game!

When was our last penalty save during a match? The last one that springs to my mind was Marc Waters vs Elgin in 2016.

I think it was Gourlay against the same opposition in the DGW hat trick game.

Football was fantastic at times yesterday, really enjoyed it. I thought everyone played their part including Mutch who, despite having absolutely f**k all to do all game, managed to, once again, entertain us with his outstanding ball skills!

The only criticism that I have is that we didn't have enough presence in the box; we're creating loads of chances with only Keena available to finish them at times. Someone said earlier that McGuffie was crap, which certainly wasn't the case, however, I would probably drop him in favour of whoever we get in to give Keena a partner. 

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Football was fantastic at times yesterday, really enjoyed it. I thought everyone played their part including Mutch who, despite having absolutely f**k all to do all game, managed to, once again, entertain us with his outstanding ball skills!

The only criticism that I have is that we didn't have enough presence in the box; we're creating loads of chances with only Keena available to finish them at times. Someone said earlier that McGuffie was crap, which certainly wasn't the case, however, I would probably drop him in favour of whoever we get in to give Keena a partner. 

Aye need someone who is a bit sharper in the box, can get across defenders, there were plenty crosses/corners put in just nobody on the end of them. You'd hope that a striker would be incoming this week. 

4 hours ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Gomis over hetherington is an awful shout. Minus last week I think hes done reasonably well. 

Hetherington hasn't done it for me so far, his control and passing has played us into trouble at times and we also have his Airdrie stupidity to add decision making.

I'd start Krasniqi next week but I'd guess Hetherington will come back in.

Edited by MrDust

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Hetherington hasn't done it for me so far, his control and passing has played us into trouble at times and we also have his Airdrie stupidity to add decision making.

I'd start Krasniqi next week but I'd guess Hetherington will come back in.

All about different opinions I suppose. I agree with that in regards to last week but before that I thought he was good on the ball and also good at getting the ball back. 

[quote post="14679105" timestamp="1629625511"

He should be brilliant at saving penalties given he gets plenty of practice with Rumsby in the team.

24 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

[quote post="14679105" timestamp="1629625511"

He should be brilliant at saving penalties given he gets plenty of practice with Rumsby in the team.

I know it will seem fairly incredible given the past few games but it took Rumsby 92 starts and 9 subs appearances in a Clyde shirt to give away a penalty.

Namely the last game of last season was his first.

Edited by David W

4 hours ago, David W said:

I think he should have done better for the first goal too or am I being too harsh?