Falkirk vs Goodwillie

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but if we didn't have miller we'd hopefully sign another right back. He gives me the fear every time he has the ball in our half. Got found out last week time and again.

Honest to f**k you would moan about not winning the euro millions if you won the national lottery. 

Think we created more chances in the first 20 mins than we did in the whole season before lockdown!
Sheerin has them playing down the channels & running onto stuff, instead of playing balls up to men wi guys on their back. Hallelujah!
At least we managed to make those chances count in the 2nd half.
Nesbitt seemed to be at the centre of everything good we were doing. Effort, skill & awareness, can't ask for much more at the moment really.
A style of play that can be improved on, which should see us there or abouts at the season's end.
Felt sorry for Keena, thought he was having a quiet 2nd half, then took the gamble that the defender would let the ball bounce, beat him to the ball & gained the pen, as the guy caught him on the thigh. Then just a minute or two later, showed fleet of foot before rattling the junction of post & bar. It really would have been a tremendous goal had it nestled in the net.
Ross, McGuffie & Morrison looked lively, with the latter taking his 2 goals well.
Though I think Clyde will struggle this year. Our defence had little to no pressure put on them. The clean sheet a welcome confidence booster.

53 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Easily the best performance at TFS for years.

Falkirk must've served up some utter pish over the years if that was easily the best performance for years. 

We were an utter gang today and not for the first time this season. Created absolutely nothing and couldn't string 2 passes (or even 1) together. I get that we were playing very conservatively but even still, you expect to have a few sniffs at goal or be able to find your team mate 5 yards away with a pass. 

Didn't look anywhere near a foul from Nicoll for the first goal which was disappointing but it would've only delayed the inevitable had it not been given.

I thought the Montrose penalty the other week was ridiculous from Rumsby but that utterly topped it today. He just has no awareness whatsoever of his surroundings and it's quite astonishing that a player that bad is still playing at this level. 

Left before the 3rd goal but saw it through the open gates walking round to the car. Just put the icing on the cake really. About 4 players surrounding Morrison in the box and he still gets a turn and shot away. 

Edited by C. Muir

Falkirk must've served up some utter pish over the years if that was easily the best performance for years. 
We were an utter gang today and not for the first time this season. Created absolutely nothing and couldn't string 2 passes (or even 1) together. I get that we were playing very conservatively but even still, you expect to have a few sniffs at goal. 
Didn't look anywhere near a foul from Nicoll for the first goal which was disappointing but it would've only delayed the inevitable had it not been given.
I thought the Montrose penalty the other week was ridiculous from Rumsby but that utterly topped it today. He just has no awareness whatsoever of his surroundings and it's quite astonishing that a player that bad is still playing at this level. 
Left before the 3rd goal but saw it through the open gates walking round to the car. Just put the icing on the cake really. About 4 players surrounding Morrison in the box and he still gets a turn and shot away. 
Yup, we have. We'd raise your Gang, & gave it a show.
It's early days, but Sheerin has at least given the support a bit of hope.
Next week may well see us tested more.

31 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

It was a thing of beauty - who passed it? Ross?

Pretty sure it was Dixon.

First league game in a couple of years for me. And what a change, while I was worried for a bit we weren't going to get the goal as the 1st half dragged on, once we did it could have been anything. Robbie Mutch probably carried Clydes biggest goal threat, and even Hall and Miller strolled it. Gutted to be missing next weekends game, hopefully more of the same but certainly won't be that straightforward.

33 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye but if we didn't have miller we'd hopefully sign another right back. He gives me the fear every time he has the ball in our half. Got found out last week time and again.

Miller was solid enough today and has done aok most weeks so far. We are unbeaten in the league with 10pts which suggests it's not the car crash you describe.

Still is strange comparing a right back to a central midfielder, I can't see Millar central mid at all this season tbh, starting there for sure won't happen.

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Far too easy, Clyde offered nothing, and once the first goal went in, they had to open up. Wouldn't say we were scintillating but were in no danger at all. Comfortable win which could have been by a goal or two more. 

I thought you played some excellent one and two touch stuff. Lucky if we strung two passes together all game.

55 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Honest to f**k you would moan about not winning the euro millions if you won the national lottery. 

All I said was I'd rather we still had gomis than miller. He was okay today but as we saw against Airdrie he struggles against better quality opposition.  Team was excellent today especially second half. Nesbitt never stops running and is a joy to watch. Can't be long before the big Albanian gets a start too. He looks a good bit better than league one .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Far too easy, Clyde offered nothing, and once the first goal went in, they had to open up. Wouldn't say we were scintillating but were in no danger at all. Comfortable win which could have been by a goal or two more. 

I must've missed them opening up.🤔🤔

Good performance and I don’t think it can be overstated how well Dixon did to get that first goal. We were struggling to break them down and I had a feeling it would take something special to break the deadlock. Once the first goal went in, it was only a matter of time for more goals

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I thought you played some excellent one and two touch stuff. Lucky if we strung two passes together all game.

Sometimes you have bad days at the office, maybe a long season ahead for you lot but then your fight isn't against the likes of us, Queens Park, or any of the other protagonists trying to get out of this league. In Goodwillie you still have one of the best strikers in the lower leagues. He will get you goals and points as was proved last week.