Falkirk vs Goodwillie

12 hours ago, C. Muir said:

I'm assuming it's just back to pay at the gate here like Broadwood is? 

Not heard anything yet however last couple of games there not been any Pay at the Gate just need to buy the ticket prior to the game. 

Wouldn't surprise me if this is all ticket tbh 

4,021 at the last Clyde match with a decent away support as well.

Hopefully common sense prevails and it is PATG otherwise the crowd will probably be 1k down on that.

Could still reserve 1 or 2 sections in the North Stand for clinically vulnerable Falkirk fans if the club wanted to and fix that in place now for the rest of the season, as no visiting club will need more than 3 sections this year.

Hopefully Dixon and maybe Williamson and McKay are back in the squad. I can't see anything other than a home win, but if it's Hall and Lemon at the back they will need to be on their toes against Goodwillie. And who matches up with Gomis in the middle. 3-1 Falkirk. 

It would be great to have Williamson back for this and McKay being available would be a bonus as well. Goodwillie will certainly be a test for young Lemon given he's comfortably the best striker in the league after Megginson 

Imagine Dixon will miss out unless it was a very minor knock that kept him out of the Airdrie match.

I'm actually going to miss the game on Saturday which I'm quite gutted about given the brand of football Sheerin has us playing

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

21 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Feeling better about the team after Saturdays victory over Alloa but can't see us getting much out of this game. We don't have a great record at TFS.

I'll go 2-0 Falkirk followed by a meltdown on here.

How has Gomis been ?

I think we could have squeezed one more season at this level out of him. 

Stop Goodwillie and we will win, have to say our defence has been very much hot potato in the box, we haven't fully suffered but someone like Goodwillie possibly may make us pay.

I thought he was actually really good at the weekend. Mopped up a fair bit of loose balls and won his fair share of tackles. It’s so the most creative I’ve seen him and allowed Splain to get on the ball more. Also though he was still moving well by 90 mins. 
So.. all in all if he keeps it up, happy with him.

29 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Seeing as our midfield is full of energy I think it’s a certainty that Gomis will get booked. Can see the ball being nicked off him quite a bit

Funnily enough I thought the same any time we came up against Gomis and Falkirk with the likes of Chris McStay and a fit Mark Lamont in our midfield. 

We don't really seem to know our midfield balance yet which has hindered Gomis slightly from what I've seen of him so far (missed Saturday and by all accounts he was better tbf). We've tried him as a sitter, a box to box and the furthest forward CM already IIRC.

3 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Funnily enough I thought the same any time we came up against Gomis and Falkirk with the likes of Chris McStay and a fit Mark Lamont in our midfield. 

We don't really seem to know our midfield balance yet which has hindered Gomis slightly from what I've seen of him so far (missed Saturday and by all accounts he was better tbf). We've tried him as a sitter, a box to box and the furthest forward CM already IIRC.

He's definitely a sitter and actually has a good amount of energy and pace for a man of his age. Until the 50/60th minute when he's used up all his reserves and dives into late tackles giving away sloppy freekicks. Our issue with him last season was he was the only one in the midfield with a bit of legs so he had to do extra and then come the second half he was buggered.

41 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Sadly common sense hasn't prevailed and again the match is all ticket. Clyde fans will be in the North Stand blocks D-F and can purchase tickets here:

https://falkirkfc.tickethour.co.uk/privateSales.html?deepLink=94&hash=_yWdDIRh0Whc1JJU85__h5CFxtk1530

Will this be the first game folk with season tickets can just use the card rather than getting tickets emailed again? 

4 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Playing him as the furthest forward midfielder is really wild considering he’s absolutely no use in the final third. Box to box I can see that as he does have a good energy and does like to move about rather than just sit in front of the back 4 but he definitely won’t score you goals or set any up.

8 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Will this be the first game folk with season tickets can just use the card rather than getting tickets emailed again? 

Back to normal season ticket use. Falkirk fans can also buy tickets for the South and Main Stands.

Hopefully that will help the attendance as folk will be able to sit with family/ friends who bought season tickets this time