Dundee vs. Hibernian

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Thankfully Hibs’ defence is also muck. 

Why do people think Porteous is good?

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

I know. Having seen us been given a few penalties like that last season, we like to pretend diving is just a foreign thing but its rife in this league week in week out.

Sort of feel sorry for the refs as players are constantly trying to con them, several times a game.

I've been going to games since 1982 and there has always been diving in the Scottish game.  Players like John MacDonald were notorious for it.

Just now, Left Back said:

Too far.

I feel sorry for them in the sense that most players try their best to 'make the most' of minimal contact. If the Hibs player stays on his feet he doesn't get a penalty.

Looking at the replay there, imagining it from the refs point of view he was behind it so he would be assuming there is much more contact being made. The linesman didn't flag for it, unless the camera cuts off before he did.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Played great for the first 20, and good for the rest of it, but what does it matter when deserved leads are just ripped from you by shite refereeing?

Very frustrating, need to do it all over again now. We're good enough to do that though.

Three perfectly fair challenges I counted being given as fouls against us. Hope the ref gets Covid at half-time and gets replaced by an actual ref. 

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I feel sorry for them in the sense that most players try their best to 'make the most' of minimal contact. If the Hibs player stays on his feet he doesn't get a penalty.

Looking at the replay there, imagining it from the refs point of view he was behind it so he would be assuming there is much more contact being made. The linesman didn't flag for it, unless the camera cuts off before he did.

That’s why players do down.  There was enough contact to knock him off balance so he’s been impeded therefore it’s a foul.  If refs gave that 100% of the time players wouldn’t go down as much.