A few things. 

Jamie Murphy’s offside at the build up to the penalty,

The tackle for the penalty is outside the box,

Dundee the better team in the 1st half,

Hibs the better team in the 2nd half,

The ref and Derry side assistant were horrific,

Good game, 

A point each is probably fair enough but changed on the penalty decision,

The fat lad in the Hibs end got tore a new arsehole fae the Derry. 

Decent day, me move on! I’m 

Oh and edited to say if Hibs get anywhere near £1m for Doig, never mind the reported £5m then it’s the greatest bit of transfer business ever in Scotland 😮

Edited by Yenitit

Just now, D TOTAL said:

Sheridan and jakubiak can gtf for all I care 1 shouldn’t have been signed and 1 spent more time out than Iv had hot dinners ,surely in the entirety of British football there was a better option than that 

Jakubiak has had 1 bad injury whilst at us and now has Covid. Harsh to write him off on that basis FS.

31 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Jack Ross only signed Gogic because we were also in for him, he cut out the middle man that time.

I do miss JDH it has to be said.

Fair play to McMullan, from what i seen of him before he was always electric (untill someone put him on his arse) but his final ball always let him down. I can see why United let him go last season but he has definitely improved, as he is providing assists.

Dundee are a proper weird team. Come out the traps flying first 30, hide the next 30 and show up the last 10-15 minutes. McPake does have the ability to change the game when things aren't going his way. 

I’m expecting us to sign a few more players from St.Mirren before the deadline. 

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jakubiak has had 1 bad injury whilst at us and now has Covid. Harsh to write him off on that basis FS.

Maybe I am being harsh still shouldn’t have been signed it was hardly his goal scoring form and at 5 9” he was never gonna be a hold up target man so I’m unsure what his purpose was especially if we offered more than st mirren

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Maybe I am being harsh still shouldn’t have been signed it was hardly his goal scoring form and at 5 9” he was never gonna be a hold up target man so I’m unsure what his purpose was especially if we offered more than st mirren

He's a very good player when I've seen him for other clubs and looked good against Motherwell last week. He's a link up player and a good one at that!

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's a very good player when I've seen him for other clubs and looked good against Motherwell last week. He's a link up player and a good one at that!

Jakubiak the guy is on about in his last post? ( Sheridan is not 5ft 9). Think it's mental to write him off tbh but he will be our injury man. We always seem to have one. Sheridan time will tell, regarding Sheridan I hardly remember anything about him apart from he has got himself about. 

I do like the positivity 

Edited by Robin.Hood

56 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Sheridan and jakubiak can gtf for all I care 1 shouldn’t have been signed and 1 spent more time out than Iv had hot dinners ,surely in the entirety of British football there was a better option than that 

Jakubiak has looked decent in the limited amount of times I've seen him. 

Cummings should be our first choice striker with Sheridan a squad player IMO. 

It's a shame to start with the negatives after a game like that, but I have to say how disappointed I was to see both managers kitted out for monthly dress-down-Friday after work drinks in Broughty Ferry. Ross was particularly culpable with his Adulterous Warehouse Manager in the Slug and Lettuce ensemble of white trainers and a blazer, but I find myself increasingly perturbed by the way that McPake seems to wear the same clothes every day. You could practically smell the Joop wafting off both of them from the Derry.

Call me a dinosaur, but I much prefer big Jimbo Goodwin's Steely PE Teacher vibes.

Must try harder all round.

As for the actual game, that was...fun. Which is weird, because that's not a word I was expecting to use about the Dees this season, but early signs point to us actually being quite fun to watch, which is nice. After watching that, I think I'll bother to make the trip to Motherwell next week.

I don't particularly rate McGowan as a player, but it's worth having him in the squad anyway for moments like his in-the-crowd-stonewall-yellow-card cello. Really strong work. 

Cummings actually broke into a a jog to join in with the bantz, which I think was the only time I saw him do so after the interval. I've seen him play multiple times for both the Dees and Shrewsbury, and I think that might literally be the first time I've ever seen him be asked to play 90 minutes. There are two possible outcomes here. One is that he actually gets fit enough to play 90 minutes. The other is that he gets injured, and Jordan McGhee finds that the latest stage of his utility man odyssey is spent up front, trying to play on the shoulder of the last man. I know which outcome I want to happen, and I know which outcome my money is on.

As for Hibs, I know they were missing a few players, and I know they've had a hectic schedule of late but I was pretty underwhelmed. I don't know how to feel about this. On an idealistic level, I want Scottish football to do well and prove the naysayers wrong, and I feel like for that to happen you need the Hibses of this world to be half decent. On a more pragmatic level, if Hibs are one of the better teams in the league, then I suspect we aren't one of the two worst, because I think any fair observer would say we deserved a point to day.

Oh, and also: DEE, EE, DOUBLE R, DOUBLE R Y, DE-RRY! How fucking good was it to be back in a stadium for real with no restrictions? Magic. Even the silly kick off time couldn't spoil it.

6 minutes ago, Meadow_Jock said:

It's a shame to start with the negatives after a game like that, but I have to say how disappointed I was to see both managers kitted out for monthly dress-down-Friday after work drinks in Broughty Ferry. Ross was particularly culpable with his Adulterous Warehouse Manager in the Slug and Lettuce ensemble of white trainers and a blazer, but I find myself increasingly perturbed by the way that McPake seems to wear the same clothes every day. You could practically smell the Joop wafting off both of them from the Derry.

Call me a dinosaur, but I much prefer big Jimbo Goodwin's Steely PE Teacher vibes.

Must try harder all round.

Dinosaur.

Best two looking managers in Scottish football.

Best dressed as well.

Although, Ross with his suit and bright white trainer combo done some damage to his reputation today.