Dundee FC vs St Johnstone - Quarter Final

Ludo*1

12 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

What should he change?

I've went in detail elsewhere. Get rid of the 4-3-3 when Adam isn't in the squad. It turns into slow laborious pish.

He shouldn't have dropped Cummings who'd scored 2 recent goals for a clearly unfit Griffiths and introduced Griffiths more gradually.

He should get McGowan off the LW role and either in CM or on the bench.

He should have signed a competent RB at some point in the almost 3 year he's been at the club but that's another story.

So slow paced, so one dimensional and then when that doesn't work, zero creativity after the team susses us out in the first half. 3 games. 3 absolute replicas.

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

He's struck that pretty well to be fair to him. 

The guy fucking raging at Griffiths kicking the pyro back where it came from after chanting paedo is brilliant. 

Still find it amazing that MK Dons were linked with McPake a few weeks ago, was the promotion in any way down to him at all? Or just good players bailing him out a lower level, because he looks massively out of his depth

A shite Killie side playing an inform Dundee fan was my opinion at the time.

Didn’t even need to get out of first gear. Absolute stroll in the park for the double winners and title favourites. 

Griffiths worth every penny. [emoji38]
Across Griffiths, Sheridan and Cummings Dundee must be spending a fair chunk of money for very few goals.

A lot of the analysis from the Aberdeen game applicable here - really poor on the ball but defending well as a team gives you a chance. Thought saints relaxed a bit after getting ahead and the second comes from one of the few times we work the ball out well from the back. Hopefully the performances will be a more joined together once we have more options in the middle of the pitch - which should give us more options higher up too.

May was good again from the bench and probably feels a little hard done by. Middleton isn't as effective as one of the two in a 5-3-2 as he is wide or in the number 10 role - but there has been few bad performances from him. MoH looked very comfortable again filling in a RWB.

10 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Did McPake just say you haven't been to Hampden in 15 year?? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

6 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Their last two trips to Hampden they played teams no longer in existence, Rangers and Gretna.

You're both wrong. It has only been 9 years since Dundee and their fans took over Hampden.

Screenshot_20210922-220940_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ee5d20f22d4d65af80ebf3f73dd2762c.jpg

17 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Stop the repeated long diagonal balls to the edge of the box to forwards who can’t win the ball would be a good start.  Way, way more work needed on the training ground.  

1154A06D-8C22-4E05-B7BC-2AC54EF617C7.jpeg

Absolute nonsense. You must have been watching that game blindfolded if you think we played the same way. Not once did Legzdins kick it long tonight.

Edited by RossDee01

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Absolute nonsense. You must have been watching that game blindfolded if you think we played the same way. Not once did Legzdins kick it long tonight. McPake can’t win with fans like this.

:lol:

20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've went in detail elsewhere. Get rid of the 4-3-3 when Adam isn't in the squad. It turns into slow laborious pish.

He shouldn't have dropped Cummings who'd scored 2 recent goals for a clearly unfit Griffiths and introduced Griffiths more gradually.

He should get McGowan off the LW role and either in CM or on the bench.

He should have signed a competent RB at some point in the almost 3 year he's been at the club but that's another story.

So slow paced, so one dimensional and then when that doesn't work, zero creativity after the team susses us out in the first half. 3 games. 3 absolute replicas.

1. We were worse when we went to a 4-4-2.

2. Cummings is ill. Terrible shout. When fit I’m sure he’ll come back in.

3. Good thing he didn’t listen to this advice tail end of last season we’d probably still be in the championship.

4. Kerr was fine on Sunday and bar the second goal tonight solid again. Yep at fault for the second thoigh so I will give you that.

5. We miss Adam. Byrne is the ball winner, McGhee is the legs and Anderson is good but has no final ball. We need Adam back in and we’ll be fine. Scoring goals was no issue when Adam was in the side.

Edited by RossDee01

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Absolute nonsense. You must have been watching that game blindfolded if you think we played the same way. Not once did Legzdins kick it long tonight.

I think we did repeatedy play long diagonal balls to the edge of the box on Sunday (Kerr and Marshall). I never said anything about Legzdins. 

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

1. We were worse when we went to a 4-4-2.

2. Cummings is ill. Terrible shout. When fit I’m sure he’ll come back in.

3. Good thing he didn’t listen to this advice tail end of last season we’d probably still be in the championship.

4. Kerr was fine on Sunday and bar the second goal tonight solid again. Yep at fault for the second thoigh so I will give you that.

5. We miss Adam. Byrne is the ball winner, McGhee is the legs and Anderson is good but has no final ball. We need Adam back in and we’ll be fine. Scoring goals was no issue when Adam was in the side.

1. When we were already a goal down? Sound.

2. Ah, was Cummings ill when he came off the bench the previous 2 games as if you read properly you'll have noted my point wasn't just based on tonight.

3. Aye, because Premiership is just as easy as the Championship. Good point well made.

4. No, he wasn't.

5. So you're admitting that McPake doesn't have a clue without 1 single player being available?