Dundee FC vs St Johnstone - Quarter Final

Ludo*1

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any idea on how the away ticket sales for this are going? I'm going to be buying tickets, but won't be near McD to get them until early next week. Will they maybe be on sale at Dens before the game?

The old school non online ticket sales are a right pain in the arse. Shows how much we all get used to the convenience of things now. 

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Anyone got any idea on how the away ticket sales for this are going? I'm going to be buying tickets, but won't be near McD to get them until early next week. Will they maybe be on sale at Dens before the game?

The old school non online ticket sales are a right pain in the arse. Shows how much we all get used to the convenience of things now. 

Our end won't sell out, unless it's restricted capacity in that end.

Our new frontline might attract an extra 4 figures to the gate though.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our end won't sell out, unless it's restricted capacity in that end.

Our new frontline might attract an extra 4 figures to the gate though.

Ha ha, aye, new front line will be a massive draw for the crowd. I'd be surprised if we got 4 figures all in for this game.

It would be a decent draw for fans at the weekend, but on a midweek it's probably going to halve our typical away support for such a nearby game.

Been a few years since we have had an away game in city of Dundee that fans can attend, so should be enjoyable. 

13 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Ha ha, aye, new front line will be a massive draw for the crowd. I'd be surprised if we got 4 figures all in for this game.

It would be a decent draw for fans at the weekend, but on a midweek it's probably going to halve our typical away support for such a nearby game.

Been a few years since we have had an away game in city of Dundee that fans can attend, so should be enjoyable. 

Anyone who turns down a midweek cup tie is OFTW, never mind the fact it's a floodlight throwback ground.

I think we'll have a decent crowd.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Shocker.

I mean, Dundee never sell out their allocation at McDiarmid?

I can't see us taking ~3000 to Dens any time soon when we don't even have that amount of season ticket holders.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone who turns down a midweek cup tie is OFTW, never mind the fact it's a floodlight throwback ground.

I think we'll have a decent crowd.

I think it will be decent, but not as big as would have been had it been a Saturday.

I suppose folk do like the games away to places like Somerset, Dens and Gayfield etc under the lights. Especially in the cup. 

Just now, Theyellowbox said:

I think it will be decent, but not as big as would have been had it been a Saturday.

I suppose folk do like the games away to places like Somerset, Dens and Gayfield etc under the lights. Especially in the cup. 

Every game in floodlights feels a bit special tbh, the old ramshackle grounds are superb with it.

Getting proper First Division vibes in the build up to this game, feels like forever since a game at Dens in the dark.

Kind of contradicted yourself there. No excuses for a poor away crowd at this. It’s a local derby away at Dens for the first time in a good while, under the floodlights, cup quarter final and lifted covid restrictions allow everyone to attend one of first away games in ages. What’s not to like?

I’m heading through a bit early to get my dinner - hopefully in good old Trades bar - swig many a Tennents and swig many tennents after the game. I’ve got the following day off too.

There’s a late train back to Perth after the game (23:49). I’d be surprised/disappointed if it’s not full of pissed Perth shaggers.

13 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Kind of contradicted yourself there. No excuses for a poor away crowd at this. It’s a local derby away at Dens for the first time in a good while, under the floodlights, cup quarter final and lifted covid restrictions allow everyone to attend one of first away games in ages. What’s not to like?

I’m heading through a bit early to get my dinner - hopefully in good old Trades bar - swig many a Tennents and swig many tennents after the game. I’ve got the following day off too.

There’s a late train back to Perth after the game (23:49). I’d be surprised/disappointed if it’s not full of pissed Perth shaggers.

Not really. It will be an enjoyable away day and has been a few years since we have been there, but it will not be as big an away support as it would have been if it was at the weekend. Still should be a decent supporters though.

I'll be going, but will be a bit of a dash after work.

On the pitch, will be interesting to see how much Sunday will take out of Dundee. Big Derby game, fair bit of physical and mental energy used up could be to our advantage. Plus the extra days recovery might help. Conversely, if Dundee win vs Utd, they will be bouncing.

If we don't take domething from the Aberdeen game, then hopefully the players go into this looking for a positive reaction and not suffering from low confidence. We have had a run of tricky games given european demands and the oponents. Next few games is where we should see the true Saints team and how they will fare this season.

Had the makings of a cracking game. Possibly the most even the teams have been for maybe a decade? 

2 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

What's the caper with tickets for this? Are they posting out? Not got any yet but think the ticket office is open from 10.

I just went into the ticket office and bought them tbh.

If there could be any truth to Charlie being a 'fast healer' and him making his return in this game, that'd be great. Start Cummings over Griffiths too.

Will Davidson be fine for this? Took a bad knock at the end of your game on Saturday. Obviously I hope he's not.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee