League Cup Draw QF

ATLIS

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Nope, cold. In all seriousness, the solution to fixing is to freeze the two balls you don’t want to meet. Heating balls is unreliable and the warmth rapidly drops and spreads whereas the frozen balls are easily detected and don’t cool adjacent balls nearly as much. Optionally, a very mild texture can be used on a couple of balls, but then you greatly increase the risk of mistakes being made.

With two frozen balls out or eight, you assure two teams will not meet, and will both get home draws, which is the goal here.

Ah, I see.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Absolutely sick of Rangers and Celtic being handed home ties against easier teams. Happy with the SJFC draw though.

I bet after Raith beat the sheep, they had a coin toss for the ugly sisters to see who got them at home.

1 hour ago, steve55 said:

I bet after Raith beat the sheep, they had a coin toss for the ugly sisters to see who got them at home.

Its a shame, I havent been there for a while and was hoping for a wee trip across the Forth, and meet up for a couple of beers with RRFC mates.

Pehs in the Clep it is.

There’s some scheduling constraints that I’m sure the SPFL will get wrong somewhere. 

With the two Glasgow clubs both at home and both in Europe the previous Thursday, one will need to play Wednesday and the other Thursday. 

The Dundee clubs are also both at home and play each other the previous Sunday, so they too will need to be split between Wednesday and Thursday. 

Then, Dundee and Dundee Utd are due to play “Rangers” and Celtic respectively the following weekend. 

Anyone want to place a bet on Dundee v St Johnstone and Celtic v Raith Rovers being on one night, and Dundee Utd v Hibs and “Rangers” v Livingston on the other?

Actually, with no game possible on the Tuesday, will Premier be restricted to only two picks? (Obviously we know which two).

St Johnstone could also be in Europe the previous Thursday but with Dundee already not able to play Tuesday that’s somewhat moot. 

11 hours ago, The Master said:

There’s some scheduling constraints that I’m sure the SPFL will get wrong somewhere. 

With the two Glasgow clubs both at home and both in Europe the previous Thursday, one will need to play Wednesday and the other Thursday. 

The Dundee clubs are also both at home and play each other the previous Sunday, so they too will need to be split between Wednesday and Thursday. 

Then, Dundee and Dundee Utd are due to play “Rangers” and Celtic respectively the following weekend. 

Anyone want to place a bet on Dundee v St Johnstone and Celtic v Raith Rovers being on one night, and Dundee Utd v Hibs and “Rangers” v Livingston on the other?

Actually, with no game possible on the Tuesday, will Premier be restricted to only two picks? (Obviously we know which two).

St Johnstone could also be in Europe the previous Thursday but with Dundee already not able to play Tuesday that’s somewhat moot. 

In theory, they have more than one channel so could show more than one game at the same time (or we could get a bizarre kick off time).

15 hours ago, The Master said:

Perhaps they'll split kickoffs 5:30pm and 8:15pm, although this would be very inconvenient for supporters.

I don't see any alternative to the dates you've outlined.

7 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Perhaps they'll split kickoffs 5:30pm and 8:15pm, although this would be very inconvenient for supporters.

I don't see any alternative to the dates you've outlined.

Is there a chance of Dundee United v Hibs gets moved to a subsequent midweek as they aren't in Europe or is the League Cup covered by not televising against UEFA?

All four ties live on Premier Sports, two each on Wednesday and Thursday, and the pairing of games is the most logical in terms of the impact on the following weekend (Celtic v Dundee Utd and Raith v Partick the only shifts to Sunday). I'm impressed.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-sports-cup-quarter-finals-confirmed

I assume Premier had an extra pick to make as a result of Ross County v Dundee being binned in the group stage? 

Edited by The Master

On 15/08/2021 at 18:14, TxRover said:

Nope, cold. In all seriousness, the solution to fixing is to freeze the two balls you don’t want to meet. Heating balls is unreliable and the warmth rapidly drops and spreads whereas the frozen balls are easily detected and don’t cool adjacent balls nearly as much. Optionally, a very mild texture can be used on a couple of balls, but then you greatly increase the risk of mistakes being made.

With two frozen balls out or eight, you assure two teams will not meet, and will both get home draws, which is the goal here.

There will be an awful lot of people in Scotland who actually believe that.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

There will be an awful lot of people in Scotland who actually believe that.

Oh, it was certainly done that way at some point, but it’s doubtful now…especially when the minger drawing can look down at what he’s picking!

• 1 month later...

The code EIHL5 gives you a month of Premier Sports for a fiver (usually £14.99 for a single month) for anyone who wants to watch this week's games. Just remember to cancel before your month is up (easy to do online).

And if you wait until Wednesday before subscribing, you'll get the semi-finals as well (20/21 October).

https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow