Connecting to P&B Via App

Thought I'd just clarify the up to date situation regarding connecting to the forum via App.

Our Own App

Our own branded P&B app was withdrawn from the app stores quite a long time ago. This was partly because of issues with the folk developing it and also because the forum software developers announced they were launching their own app for the software we use so we intended to use that.

Our App continued to work despite it not being available on the app stores, but since it hasn't been updated in well over a year eventually it's become incompatible with the forum software which we've recently updated, so it's now stopped working.

It's dead and it ain't coming back so you're best deleting it from your devices.

The Current Alternative App

Our own app above was just a branded version of an app called "Tapatalk". You can find Tapatalk on both the Apple and Android app stores and if you download the latest version of it you can use it to connect to our forum with no problems at all. There are free and paid versions of Tapatalk.

The free version will show ads regardless of whether your a platinum user on our forum or not, the paid version will not show ads.

Tapatalk will continue to be our supported app until such time as the forum folk get their act together and launch a stable app for us to use.

The Future

Our long term intention is to get a branded app available again, based on the forum software app that is currently being developed.

It's not even managed to come out of beta testing yet though and it's over a year late so don't hold your breath!

You can of course always connect to the forum via your mobile browser which has all the same settings as the desktop version of the site but I do understand a lot of you like to use the app so hopefully Tapatalk will do the job well enough for now.

• Div pinned this topic
19 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Now when I use my tablet to look at a thread I get a pop up with an option of using Tapatalk or hitting "continue" to read the page - every thread it asks the same question. Getting frustrating.

Do you mean the orange "t" banner at the top of the mobile browser?

If you press the little cross on the left hand side of it that should close it and it should not re-appear?

Or if you are asked if you want to read the topic using Tapatalk or Safari just tap to use Safari (or whatever mobile browser you use) and again it should remember that choice and not ask again (unless you have cookies blocked or are running in some sort of private mode?)

1 minute ago, Div said:

Do you mean the orange "t" banner at the top of the mobile browser?

If you press the little cross on the left hand side of it that should close it and it should not re-appear?

Cheers - though on my tablet it appears at the bottom.

Just now, scottsdad said:

Cheers - though on my tablet it appears at the bottom.

If you pick to read the topic in your browser it should remember that setting and not ask again. Hopefully?

On 01/10/2021 at 08:28, TheScarf said:

Can the 'sent from phone via the tapatalk app' be switched off when someone posts from their phone?

Yeah sorry that was switched on when we re-activated our license with them. Should now be fixed!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Div unpinned this topic