Premier Sports - Absolute Dross.

Do you subscribe to Premier Sports?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 15/08/2021 at 13:27, Empty It said:

Remember when Setanta Sports used to interview managers midway through a half, great feature.

I remember a spitting image style show with Mourinho, Benitez, Wenger etc being on Setanta that was quite funny

7 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

I'm on Setanta Sports. "Voyeur, Voyeur!!"

Around the time Arsenal had Denilson and signed Andriy Arshavin it had Mourinho saying to Wenger "you have a brazilian and Arshavin....very smooth Voyeur"...as infantile as the joke is, it still makes me chuckle

• 4 months later...

i was a premier subscriber on a yearly rate,thats just finished and ive gone onto viaplay to cancel it being renewed;i get the impression theyre going down the setanta,make it as awkward to cancel as is humanly possible,route.thankfully,the card i used has expired so theyll not be able to take anything else out

but,given this,id advise anyone thinking of subscribing to this mob to be very cautious

1 hour ago, highlandcowden said:

i was a premier subscriber on a yearly rate,thats just finished and ive gone onto viaplay to cancel it being renewed;i get the impression theyre going down the setanta,make it as awkward to cancel as is humanly possible,route.thankfully,the card i used has expired so theyll not be able to take anything else out

but,given this,id advise anyone thinking of subscribing to this mob to be very cautious

What is the yearly renewal?  I paid £70 for my first/current year.

6 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

I can’t believe folk still spunk hundreds of £££‘s a year to pay these companies when you can get everything you need for £60 via IPTV. 

• 1 year later...
On 30/11/2022 at 08:43, Thenorthernlight said:

I can’t believe folk still spunk hundreds of £££‘s a year to pay these companies when you can get everything you need for £60 via IPTV. 

I suppose that someone has to pay for it somewhere down the line, otherwise a lot of the coverage just wouldn't exist.

I do think the TV companies need to get wise to this though. Like after Napster and music downloads we now see Spotify - a service that people are prepared to pay a certain amount for - there needs to come a time where a reasonably priced, and legal, package for live sports is available. 

I had BT Sports a few years ago, really just for their Scottish coverage. Think I paid just under £20 a month and I was quite happy to do that. Then within a couple of seasons there were some games on Sky, some of BT, some on Premier Sports or whatever. It would've cost an arm and a leg just to be able to watch the Scottish games (and Sky's coverage is much worse than BT's was). No wonder folk are turning to IPTV. If there was some sensible pricing there are a lot of people (not everyone) who would be happy to buy a subscription. 

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I suppose that someone has to pay for it somewhere down the line, otherwise a lot of the coverage just wouldn't exist.

I do think the TV companies need to get wise to this though. Like after Napster and music downloads we now see Spotify - a service that people are prepared to pay a certain amount for - there needs to come a time where a reasonably priced, and legal, package for live sports is available. 

I had BT Sports a few years ago, really just for their Scottish coverage. Think I paid just under £20 a month and I was quite happy to do that. Then within a couple of seasons there were some games on Sky, some of BT, some on Premier Sports or whatever. It would've cost an arm and a leg just to be able to watch the Scottish games (and Sky's coverage is much worse than BT's was). No wonder folk are turning to IPTV. If there was some sensible pricing there are a lot of people (not everyone) who would be happy to buy a subscription. 

There was no period where BT were the sole broadcaster of Scottish football - Sky Sports always had games during that period.

I don't think calling for a Spotify-style solution here would be in anyone's interests given that they are a parastic company that gives next to no money back to the people actually producing the product.