Premier Sports - Absolute Dross.

Do you subscribe to Premier Sports?  

145 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wanted to have a wee rant about Premier Sports. Think it's a bit of a shite set up that doesn't have many subscribers (or at least Scottish football fan subscribers) and the viewing figures that were leaked/published last season is testament to that.

Think Sky has done us a decent turn in that they've allowed clubs to stream their games to fans when it's not a game chosen by them.

Premier Sports on the other hand denied clubs that ability for the cup game coverage today. I know Dundee and Motherwell (Alan Burrows) both contacted the SPFL but received no response from the SPFL in regards to this (I'm assuming Premier Sports just said no and wanted their original pre-covid terms).

Felt that was a bit petty, but fair enough. To find out that they've not even bothered to do a wee highlights show or package for the games they never went with though is a bit annoying.

Is there a shitter broadcaster than Premier Sports? Also would be interested to know if anyone actually subscribes to it? 

This thread could probably be papped into the Domestic Cup forum but felt it was worth moaning (again) about the coverage (or lack of) the Scottish game gets from its broadcasters.

They are c***s. I purchased a one off game last year and got a message saying my payment method had failed (even though the money had been taken from my account)and they were suspending my subscription. Since I'd already watched the game I was interested in I didn't do anything about it(in hindsight foolishly) They then took a further two months payments from my account and I only noticed after checkng my bank for something else. They refused to refund the payment saying I hadn't cancelled the subscription even though they had informed me they had suspended it. I'm sure it was deliberate ploy on their behalf. I will never use them again.

I subscribe to them and they have upped their game recently in terms of production and I know that they've got a lot of stuff planned for upping the Player over the next couple of months. Losing the Serie A rights is a bit annoying though. 

Also use Sunset+Vine for the Scottish Football which usually means decent coverage.

The quality of the coverage isn't great but it's a good opportunity to watch more smaller Scottish games in the league cup and some diddy European games. Can't remember why i subscribed in the first place. Scotland games? 

I don't watch the epl, golf or wrestling, so now that DAZN has matchroom's fights it's better value than sky sports. 

Edited by coprolite

People seem to forget that Premier Sports is Setanta under another name. They went bust in the UK then changed their name like all fraudsters do. They are still known as Setanta in Ireland and the US. Avoid like the plague. Hardly surprising that both the SPFL with the league cup and the SFA with the Scottish Cup want to do business with them as they will lift their skirts to the cheapest bidder.

Subscribed purely for a one off game against Aberdeen at some point, we were spending the day in my mates garden and planned to stick the Web player on the TV (hooked to a laptop).

Ended up having to watch the game on hesgoal.

Edited by LiviLion

Got to say I've never once in my life paid to watch football via a stream, paid at the gates lots of times, just never for a stream.

Premier can be as shit as it likes, I'll just find another channel that's being streamed.

Have only ever watched Premier on IPTV.

Flipped it on yesterday to see if any of the cup ties were on - 

Premier 1 - a replay of the Rangers v Malmo match

Premier 2 - a replay of the Rangers v Dunfermline match

Cannae even get away from the fuckers when they are not even playing............................

I will be the outlier here and say I had no issues with Premier Sports when I bought 3 one month subscriptions last year. Coverage and analysis for our games was good and the stream worked well for me throughout. Cheapest amount I paid to watch games last year (£9.99) and it was easy to cancel after 2/3 days to ensure no repeat billing.

If I was into football from other leagues, I would have probably kept the subscription.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

What frustrated me last year with them was the fact is I was watching BT Sport with a different banner and different studio. 
The presenters were the same, the commentators were the same, absolutely nothing had changed except I was watching channel 412 instead of 413. And paying a tenner more to do it. It’s an absolute scam. I signed up in February for the League Cup Final and can happily say I’d have paid double or treble to watch St Johnstone have a season like that, but it is still a scam

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Remember when Setanta Sports used to interview managers midway through a half, great feature.

Imagine Martindale's reaction to this :D He'd turn away mid interview to start screaming at the ref

What frustrated me last year with them was the fact is I was watching BT Sport with a different banner and different studio. 
The presenters were the same, the commentators were the same, absolutely nothing had changed except I was watching channel 412 instead of 413. And paying a tenner more to do it. It’s an absolute scam. I signed up in February for the League Cup Final and can happily say I’d have paid double or treble to watch St Johnstone have a season like that, but it is still a scam

Premier is cheaper than BT.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Premier is cheaper than BT.

Depends on the deal he has. BT sometimes give it away for 'free' if you get certain packages with them. They seem to have stopped doing that of late, but could still be a deal he has.

Bought it last year for our game at Dunfermline which we won so had to keep going as we won the cup. Actually watched the final on BBC though. When I tried to cancel it turned out I had bought a six month contract so had pay until then. But heyho we did win the cup so would have paid double.

The fact there was no streams this round is a cheap shot and their contract should not get renewed when up.